Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Post-Christmas Post

Part of our living room Christmas setup.
Merry Christmas Recovery Day to everyone! We had a great time. The family drove out to my mom's for a Christmas Eve lunch, and we hosted dinner for our family and a couple of friends last night. Everyone had a wonderful day of togetherness, food, and gifts, and everyone in my house is still asleep. The kids were up until the wee hours playing with their new iPod touches and Chuck was up processing photos from the big day.

Feel free to "Friend" me on Facebook for more photos. I'll give a little preview of Chuck's handiwork throughout this post.

I have to say, it wasn't a bookish Christmas this time around. With my reading slowed a bit, I just didn't see the point in racking up a whole lot of books, but I did get a green backplate for my Nook. Just something to brighten up the original grey back.

My Christmas goodies were heavily weighted toward fashion this year: new makeup set, makeup brushes, PUREdkny perfume, a new jewelry box, Kohl's gift card, Lane Bryant gift card, and some loose cash for a Pier 1 trip. Y'all may remember that after Greyson was born, I did this whole self-makeover thing, and so far it's working out for me. With the promotion at work it's more pressing that I look nice every day, and my growing shoe collection reflects that. Ha! I'm taking over Chuck's half of the closet and he's a little distressed.

Greyson had a giggly-good first Christmas. He's had a massive influx of toys, and he's trying this best to play with all of them while he's also trying to walk. He's going to skip crawling, I think. He'll inch along and do a crawly thing if he wants something nearby, but for the most part he pulls up, stands, and tries his best to just get on with the walking already.

The Rockets also had a great time. They're growing up so fast it's ridiculous. They both got a lot of clothes this year, and when they're all decked out they just look so mature! Scary!!!





It was lovely to have such a good holiday in the midst of what's been a stressful holiday season thus far. It's back to work tomorrow with lots of course planning and beginning-of-term stuff to get in order, but I'm rested and ready!

20 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely Christmas. Your little baby boy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Christmas, Andi! All the kidlets look happy and healthy :)

    I got a color 3G Nook for Christmas, but haven't had too much time to play with it yet. We're in Florida helping our son and daughter in law get ready to move to Dallas next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos of your great day.

    Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

    Our teens were up before our toddler which was quite funny.

    I had a few books from the kids and lots of lovely smellies.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! :) Sounds like your Christmas was very nice. I sent you a friend request on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! And Greyson is getting so big. My little guy is attempting to walk too and I just wish he would slow down a bit...I'm not ready for walking yet :) Hope you have a great new year as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Brenna! He's at a really fun age. Interested in everything and on the move. :)

    Becca, it was a good Christmas! I hope you had a good one as well. Awesome that you got a Nook Color!!! I'm excited to know what you think of it when you get to dive in and play a bit. I've debated upgrading, but so far I'm happy with my original Nook.

    Thanks, Carol! My teens were up first, too. 7:30 am, unheard of!!!

    Thanks, Amanda! I added you on Facebook. :D

    Samantha, I know the feeling! I'm not ready for Greyson to be walking either. I see A LOT of babyproofing in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas display was gorgeous.

    And, very important - DON'T LET GREYSON SKIP THE CRAWLING!!!! It's very important for brain development and apparently skipping that step can cause dyslexia. My husband skipped crawling and he's dyslexic. Mom-in-law told me she did some research and found that crawling helps with some sort of eye-brain development that effects reading. My hubby has done fine as an adult, but his school years (till grad school) massively sucked. I'd advise you to try to tempt him to crawl by putting things out of reach without anything to pull up on nearby.

    Also, could he be any cuter? What an adorable child!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get that many books for Christmas, either, but did get a cover for my Nook (which I am ridiculously excited about!). Love that pic of Greyson - what a cutie!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, I'm sold!!! We'll be working hard to tempt him into crawling. I hadn't heard that, and I'll do whatever I can to be preventative.

    Emily, I got a new Nook cover for my bday and love it! I'm thinking of getting an envelope-style to keep things out of it when it's in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it's always nice to get some fashion necessities at Christmas time. Books are nice too, but sometimes you need some time to catch up before you get more books.

    Best wishes in the New Year. Thanks for sharing some of your Christmas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love getting clothes and things for Christmas. It seems like that's the only time I do! (although, i really need to go and spend some money on some new things to supplement what I have).

    Your little guy is adorable!

    I'm sending you a friend request on FB (my name is allie danielson so you don't think I'm a creepo).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Jennifer. I'm definitely in the "getting caught up" phase between book purchases.

    Hey, Allie! I added you on FB. I've been doing more clothes shopping--especially since I discovered the RIDONKULOUS sales at Kohls. Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! I'm jealous of your new makeup stash -- that's what I really wanted, too! (And a houndstooth coat, and a stand mixer. SCORE!) Not a bookish holiday for me, either, but I think the bulging bookcase is happy with that.

    The Rockets and Greyson look happy -- and kids happy on Christmas? That gives me the warm fuzzies for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to see you guys having a good time!

    I'm still waiting on some gifts so it's kind of fun to have something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. With the shadow I totally thought RocketBoy was growing a moustache - there's a mature and then there's growth hormones ;) Glad you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Meg! I was tickled with the makeup, and my new KitchenAid sure does a good job. hehe

    That is fun, Iliana. I wasn't quite ready for the gifty rush to be over.

    LOL, Jodie! Actually he does have the noticeable beginnings of a mustache going on. He's VERY proud of it, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks and sounds like you had a FABULOUS holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great day was had by all :) Greyson's inclination to skip the crawling stage founds familiar. My mom tells me that I went straight from breastfeeding to holding a cup (no bottle). Funny how some babies like to get a move on with things :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wahoo! I'm glad to hear that. Greyson must be a reader. It's simply a requirement, since he's your son. ;) Sorry for yelling. I freaked a little when I read your post. I'd rather nobody ever had to go through what my husband dealt with!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Next to books, there's not much better in the way of presents than make-up. This, from a make-up junkie who needs more lipstick about as much as she needs another book...well, maybe that's saying a lot! Happy New Year, Andi, and I loved the pictures that you did show here. Also loved the Happy Recovery Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!