Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sick? Just read!

Yep, the snot monster strikes again. I'm usually head-coldish somewhere round about my birthday in November, but this year it's decided to wait until four days before Christmas. I'm at work like a good little minion, but I don't think it'll last too terribly long to tell the truth.


In good news, I am reading MULTIPLE BOOKS. Can't even tell you how long its been since my readerly mojo has stirred enough to read more than one book at a time.I finished Joanna Kavenna's The Birth of Love last night, and while my Nook was charging I skipped to where the movie left off, and started a partial re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Once the Nook was set to go I dipped into Katherine Howe's The Physick Book of Deliverance.

Other books looming on my shelves for this holiday break: Reginald Rose's play, 12 Angry Men, and selected stories from Stephen King's Different Seasons. I'm looking forward to both. Will let y'all know what else I add to the Lit and Film syllabus.

What are you reading? What good recommendations have I missed in my prolonged absences??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik