Saturday, January 08, 2011

New Book Bonanza!

I've become quite fond of Kobo coupons. Borders and Kobo are quite free with their coupons, and I just can't resist a good buy. Kobo and Borders.com sell epub format e-books, so they're compatible with Homer, my Nook!

It all started a week or two ago with some percentage off of a first e-book purchase. I found a bunch for $5, did a quick Twitter poll, and I landed myself a copy of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford. This is one of those "it" books that I let pass me by, and now I'm circling back around after the hype.

Yesterday I was exhausted after a 12-ish our day at work, and what better to do when you have a stress headache than buy books? I had another coupon, so I bought Pat Conroy's My Reading Life, Aimee Bender's The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, and Elizabeth Strout's Olive Kitteridge.

I'm so excited about all of my new e-books! I'm plugging right along on The Physick Book of Deliverance. I'd be done right now if I didn't have to field the start of another term. Y'all know the days are crazy when school starts back. Things should even out a bit next week and I can get back into heavy-duty reading.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

11 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a new book to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of Kobo before. Of course I haven't got a Nook so epub formmat is of no use to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love getting new books in any format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that, Kathy! I haven't bought many books in a while, so it was nice to let loose a bit.

    Jenny, true! Kobo is a reader linked to Borders. I've never seen one, but they're books are transferable to Nook so I like 'em! :)

    Isn't it, though? And I find myself reading on the Nook more and more these days, Candace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like you got some great titles! Have fun reading. I loved Physick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love buying new e-books, especially when they are on sale. And it sounds like you bought some good ones! Best of luck with the start of a new term at school - I know I got off to a rocky and incredibly busy start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Nancy! I do love the book. I read for a while this afternoon and couldn't keep my eyes open! I was so disappointed. lol I only have about 100 pages left!

    Thanks, Jennifer! And of course it SNOWED in Texas today, so the start back will be interrupted by crazed students thinking there's no school. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New books always cheer me up too! Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't bought an ebook yet. I have just been relying on the free options. Maybe with a coupon, though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not familiar with kobo but agree with you on Borders coupons - I did not renew my paid B&N preferred customer account once I signed onto Borders' free one. Much better discounts and I didn't have to pay for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!