Saturday, January 08, 2011

New Book Bonanza!

I've become quite fond of Kobo coupons. Borders and Kobo are quite free with their coupons, and I just can't resist a good buy. Kobo and sell epub format e-books, so they're compatible with Homer, my Nook!

It all started a week or two ago with some percentage off of a first e-book purchase. I found a bunch for $5, did a quick Twitter poll, and I landed myself a copy of Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford. This is one of those "it" books that I let pass me by, and now I'm circling back around after the hype.

Yesterday I was exhausted after a 12-ish our day at work, and what better to do when you have a stress headache than buy books? I had another coupon, so I bought Pat Conroy's My Reading Life, Aimee Bender's The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, and Elizabeth Strout's Olive Kitteridge.

I'm so excited about all of my new e-books! I'm plugging right along on The Physick Book of Deliverance. I'd be done right now if I didn't have to field the start of another term. Y'all know the days are crazy when school starts back. Things should even out a bit next week and I can get back into heavy-duty reading.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik