Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Night Soiree

Good evening, lovelies!!! Baby Greyson is off to his G-Mama's house for the night, and I'm left with a fridge full of beer and a pile of books. Sounds like a Saturday night soiree, right?

It has been one hell of a week; one of my full-time faculty resigned leaving five classes to cover, the Rockets did some irresponsible kid screw-uppery, and in general, I'm just beat. I spent most of my daylight hours playing with G and attempting to clean the house a bit while Chuck was in his Drawing II class.

Tonight, the lineup is all about the books (and maybe a rogue episode of What Not to Wear). My Nook is charging, and when it's done I'll likely get right back to The Woman in White. I've been reading it for far too long. I really like the story, but the Google Books copy I downloaded for free is not great. Lots of misspellings--I assume because it was scanned with a text recognition program and left as-is.

I'm also salivating over Siri Hustvedt's new novel The Summer Without Men, but I'm trying my best to hold off and read the other books I have lined up first. Oh fickle book lover is me!

So what are you doing this weekend? Any special Saturday night plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik