Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sunday Salon - The Book Diet

Three books finished in the new year, and while it might not have been a lot for me in previous years, I'm feeling downright fine this time around. Roughly a book a week is pretty satisfying these days, and my string of winners has gotten me excited about my shelves (digital and physical) all over again.

Today, with what time I have after taking down our Christmas decorations--yes, we're late--I plan to finish up my re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows or spend some time with Wilkie Collins. I started The Woman in White for RIP V in 2010, but I laid it aside when I went through my big slump starting in October.

As much as I love my e-books and as much as I'm lusting after a couple of my recent downloads, I'm not totally ignoring my printed book shelves. Above is a pic (click to make larger) of a portion of our main bookcase in the living room. These shelves are a mixed bag of favorites and TBR. The shelves pictured are a majority TBR, and glancing over them there are soooo many yummy books I hope I get around to this year.
  • The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble
  • The Electric Michelangelo by Sarah Hall
  • The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer
  • The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard Morais (library book)
  • The Awakening by Kate Chopin (sad I haven't read already)
Some days I'd like to pack up all the books that don't catch my eye immediately and put them in storage only to be left with a little stack of books I've hungered for forever but which get passed over for one reason or another time and again. This may be another draw of e-books: a smaller collection makes choosing far easier.

If you could put yourself on a book diet and make a small stack of TBR what would you keep out to read in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik