However, I also did something odd last night. You might remember that BookClubSandwich's first pick last year was Coop, by Michael Perry. I was really excited about the book, but somehow I got bogged down in the process and 50 pages or so have been left unread since last year. Anal retentive that I am, I just couldn't leave it unread with that little to go. I devoted a few minutes to finishing it up last night. Soooo, Coop is my first finished book of 2011 though it seems a bit cheatish since I read 90% of it in 2010. Oh well! I'm free-flowing this year, so I'm going with it.
By the way, Jill, I loved Little Miss Shake-n-Bake. *tear*
This morning I spent some time reviewing 2011 challenges to decide what I want to tackle. I failed my 2010 challenges hands-down with the exception of the Woolf in Winter read-along of Mrs. Dalloway. In 2011 I'm limiting my challenges, but I couldn't resist The Chunkster Challenge, What's in a Name 4, and the E-Book Reading Challenge. I've also downloaded an e-book copy of War and Peace for that big honking readalong. See my 2011 Challenges page up top for more info!
- Reading what I really want to read!!! I aim to cut down on obligations in 2011. When there's a due date attached to reading, I generally lose interest. This is a direct result of a Masters degree in English.
- Taking fewer books for review. Crazy, right? I just don't do well with this. It's the due date thing I mentioned above.
- Switching up the types of books I read. I generally fall into a slump if I read too much of the same in a row.
- Picking quality reading: I love literary fiction, classics, graphic novels, and essays. If I read more of these I'm more likely to feel fulfilled by my reading.
- Indulge in e-books. I'll have a whole post about this coming up soon, but I actually read faster and more efficiently on my Nook. I might as well embrace it!
Happy Sunday, everyone!