Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cheers to Six Years!

Sorry for the double post today, but I couldn't let six years of blogging pass me by. Actually, it sort of already did, since my actual bloggiversary is February 21st, but close enough! You know what this means, right??? I'm officially an old bloggy lady. OOOOLLLDDDD.

You probably already know the story, if you've been following for a while, but this blog did not start off with books. For a couple of years it was a place to vent while I was in graduate school. I cursed a lot. A LOT. I was also coming out of a failed relationship, I boozed it up with friends, generally went through my adolescence at 25, did some intellectual and spiritual exploring, and came out on the other side a reasonably well-rounded adult.

So, yeah, I'm more mature now. For the most part. I turned to books when I realized I was tired of seeing myself type unhappy-mid-20s stuff. It's been smooth sailing ever since!

I don't have any big giveaways because this sort of snuck up on me with all the goings-on in my daily life as of late. I don't have any cool pics to post. I don't even have a vlog (which I've wanted to put together FOREVER). All I have is my sincere gratitude that I have visitors who are smart and cool and love books as much as I do. Readers who take part in my everyday heartaches and victories with kind words and virtual hugs. I cherish y'all as a part of my everyday life, and the sense of community in the book blogosphere still overwhelms me.

My greatest wish: six more years (at least) of blogging with you all. Thanks for being here.

Cheers!

32 comments:

  1. Your gratitude is more than enough, Andi - and you have ours as well, for your presence and intelligence and kindness and book recommendations. Here's to many more years :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congrats! The book blogging world is better for having you in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy mother of pearl. SIX YEARS? That's incredible, congratulations! I'm so excited that I came across your blog and have been following it since last year - I wish for six (and more) years for you, too! That is more of my own selfish request since that way I can continue to read your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible milestone! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, six years! That's impressive! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, congrats! Six years blogging is a very impressive achievement. I hope you stick around for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome and congratulations. You have a couple of years on me.

    I think it's interesting how many of us started out blogging about something else and ended up focusing on books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That is an amazing achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy bloggiversary!

    I always look forward to reading your blog posts, so here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary...we love you and will continue to follow you for the next however many years you decide to keep talking to us =) PS You are now at fault for me stalking Sarah Waters =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has it really been that long?? Time flies my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blogiversary, Andi! We'll be old bloggy ladies together... here's to another six years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, 6 years is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations and Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, that's a magnificent achievement! I'm very new to your blog, so I hope that you do carry on for at least another 6 years!

    (and I hope you are enjoying Atonement!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy blogoversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Bloggy-versary from one of those gals that loves books as much as you do! :D

    ~MizB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, has it been 6 years? This means my 'versary is coming up, since I started like a couple days later. See, even 6 years ago, you were leading me around by the nose hairs. ;)

    Here are to six more years with you Andiroo! Wouldn't trade the last for a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 6th bloggiversary, Andiloo!!! I have always loved your blog, throughout those changes from snark to happy families and, uh, how many moves? 4? You know, I was just thinking the other day . . . you were probably the main reason I eventually gave in to blogging. Andi's fault!! :)

    Incidentally, I'm so sorry I haven't been here in a while and didn't realize Chuck's mother passed away. Sending lots of love and hugs and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is great! I hope I can say I've been blogging for six years someday. I didn't know that is how your blog started.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woo-hoo! That's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy bloggy birthday! You are lovely and I always enjoy your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did curse a lot back then, didn't you? ;) I've enjoyed getting to know you over the past 6 years and I look forward to many, many more. At least until Greyson graduates from high school, ok? ;)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you've been blogging for six years. That's amazing. Happy blogoversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on six years!!! That is just an amazing feat, no matter how you got started. I can't wait to see what the next six years hold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on six years of blogging. Your blog is one of my favorites to read so keep on posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy, happy Blogiversary! I'm so glad you're here :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Andi so sorry I'm late to the party but you know I'm doing a happy dance over here for you. Love your blog and wish you many more years of blogging goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy blogiversary! Wishing you many more years of fun in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Six years of blogging is awesome. I just want to take a moment to say that I love your blog. And I have really enjoyed following it. And I'm hoping that you have another successful six years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!