Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Trying to Get Back to Normal

Hey y'all.

I'm back on the blogging scene. A little earlier than I actually expected, but the Dallas area is once again covered in snow and ice. The kids and I are off today, and Chuck is catching up on some lost sleep.

Sadly, it was not a positive event that kept me away from the blogosphere. I won't go into detail for purposes of privacy, but we did lose a close family member, and it's taken quite the toll on everyone.  If my family feels comfortable, I may share more later, but for now, that's all I'll divulge.

The weather is stressing me out for maybe the first time in my life! Dallas was snowed in from Tuesday to Saturday of last week. I missed ALL WEEK of work. I took a personal day on Monday, and then we were off the rest of the week. I took the first two days off this week, and now we're out of school again. By law, career colleges in Texas have to make up every minute of missed time. That means a lot of extra administrative work and oversight on my part to keep my department running correctly. I'm actually looking forward to going back just so we can get this mess straightened out.

In the meantime, my reading has taken a bit of a dip, and understandably so. I've been looking for mindless fun to keep me occupied, so I've become addicted to Bakery Story and Restaurant Story (apps on the iPhone). They're both simulation games, kinda like Farmville or the like. I have to say, my bakery and my restaurant are both kicking ass.

It looks like it'll be an uneventful day around here. Work has officially called off day classes, and they're supposed to make the call about the night sections before 2:00. IF I have to go in, it'll be from 2:00-8:00. We'll see. In the meantime, Rocketboy, Greyson, and I are watching stuff on Apple TV. So far we've indulged in several songs by The Wiggles, and now we're watching snippets from Pee Wee's Playhouse. Greyson is eating a remote control and dancing. Rocketboy is doing the same (minus the remote). Rocketgirl is upstairs working on a project. Puppies are sleeping.

I hope you're all having a good week so far. I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik