Saturday, March 05, 2011

Library Book Sale!

I can't believe I haven't posted all week! We're at the end of an academic term at work, so that means wrapping up one and beginning a new term on March 16th. This is the busiest time during the changeover, so I'll be in and out.

I get off at 3:00 on Fridays, and I needed to pop by the library to pick up my copy of Room. I've been on the waiting list for EONS, so I'm definitely going to devour it before it goes back to the 'brary. When Chuck and I pulled up, we saw THE SIGN OF ALL SIGNS: Book Sale Friday and Saturday.


I was good, though. I managed to only buy three books:

Yum-O! I've heard lots of buzz over the years about The Madonnas of Leningrad, I've never read Philippa Gregory, and after all the talk of Jennifer Egan's A Visit from the Goon Squad, I just had to snap this one up.

I was a little surprised at only coming away with three books, but I am reallyyyy trying not to add to our already too-full townhouse. Chuck, on the other hand, made quite the haul with some photography books and several books on Japanese and Chinese cooking. I think I might reap the benefits of those purchases.

Sooo, have you read any of these goodies I bought? Thoughts? Warnings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik