Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday's Messy Mishmash of Books

Stuff! I'm in a flurry of booklove, booklust, and bookblah! All at once! How's that for a Monday state of mind?

Booklove first. Still loving The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake. It's beginning to get a wee tad darker (roundabout halfway through), and I just can't figure out what the hell her brother is up to.

Booklust! I was over at Frances's place (which always gets me into trouble) and read her review of Alan Bradley's A Red Herring Without Mustard. I'm wondering why it's taken me so darn long to try the Flavia de Luce series. Seriously!? What is wrong with me? I'll chalk it up to 2011 reading stumptitude. It's not been the most numbery of years so far. Will be attempting to get The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie from the 'brary soon.

Finally, the Bookblahs. Sadly, I don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach ROOM. I soooo want to read it, and I downloaded the audio from my 'brary using Overdrive, but I find myself in a constant state of anxious yuckery while I'm listening. Before I had Greyson, my dog Daisy was my child. I damn near refuse to read a book with animal cruelty involved. Now since I have a kiddo of my own, I have the same feeling about children in books or movies. DO NOT HURT THEM. I flat-ass refused to watch Paranormal Activity 2 because there's a dog AND a baby involved.

So for those of you who have ingested ROOM already, should I just give it up? If I have these feelings now are they only going to be intensified??? I just can't stand the idea of this cute, sweet, innocent boy TRAPPED with his mom by this crazy effer. Ugg. To Be Announced on this one.

That's what's swirling in my bookish world. Whatcha up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik