For some readerly bloggerly types this was probably a challenge DURING the Tournament of Books, but for a slow-as-mole-asses reader such as myself, it's a challenge that will likely take the rest of 2011.
I had such fun watching the unfolding of this year's Tournament, I can't leave it behind just yet. I even printed a copy of the Tournament poster brackets and put it on my office door when the contest was going on. Several in my office called me a huge nerd, but they also followed the Tournament from then on, so BOO-YAH!!!
The majority of these books were already on my Lust List, and some have gone on to win really big prizes since the Tournament.
Here's the illustrious list:
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender (in progress)
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- Next by James Hynes
- So Much for That by Lionel Shriver
- Nox by Anne Carson
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
- The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson
- Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
- Bad Marie by Marcy Dermansky
- Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon
- Skippy Dies by Paul Murray
- Kapitoil by Teddy Wayne
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Bloodroot by Amy Greene
- Model Home by Eric Puchner
- Savages by Don Winslow
If anyone wants to join me, please do! I will likely need some moral support at some point. However, since I'm a sucky leader of groups I will not provide any prizes, giveaways, or other stuff. The prize is knowing I finished more than five books for the year. And I'm only sort of kidding!