Saturday, June 04, 2011

Snively Saturday and Tag Line Switcheroos

Happy frackin' Saturday. Scheduled a mandatory faculty meeting this morning and 3 of 10 showed up. I'm just going to whine now, thankyouverymuch. I'll spare y'all though and go home and whine to Chuck. By the pool. With a beer.

But before I head home to my laptopless condo, I thought I'd do a little Saturday posting.

I announced a while ago that I'm making a concerted effort to read more literary fiction this year with my personal Tournament of Books reading challenge, and I thought it was time for a new tagline to reflect my goal. My taglines started with "A baby in one hand and a book in the other," after Greyson's birth,  I moved on to a quote from Great Expectations, and now I've arrived at my favorite so far...

"Butchering literary fiction one novel at a time..."

Because, let's face it, I'm picky, fickle, kind of outspoken and sassy, and generally a smartass. Some lit fiction and I get along just fine, and sometimes I want to skewer the book AND/OR the author, too. *coughFREEDOMcough*

New on my stacks and prime for some snuggling or some skewering are...


Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon van Booy and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I loooove me some Simon Van Booy ever since the Estella's Revenge E-Zine days when I first encountered his short story collection, The Secret Lives of People in Love. This is his first novel, and I'm really pulling for more snuggle and less skewer. I have high hopes! I'll be reading this one quickly since the e-galley expires on 7/5/11.

The other book is Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus. I actually haven't gotten the NetGalley thumbs up on this one yet, but I'm doing a little e-galley dance that it's approved soon. It looks de-lic-ious.

I hope you're all having a great weekend. My laptop will be back in my itchy little bloggy hands this afternoon or tomorrow, so expect some Tweeting and some Tumbling. I'm having social network DTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik