Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Night Circus

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we readers are eagerly anticipating.
Right now I'm eagerly waiting on...


The Night Circus is Erin Morgenstern's debut novel, and I simply can't wait! From Morgenstern's website:
The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night.


But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.
Doesn't that just sound magically delicious??? I adore the cover, I'm newly addicted to Morgenstern's blog, and I even like the book trailer (which is usually not my bag). This one is set to release in September.

12 comments:

  1. The Night Circus sounds really interesting - I'm going to have to give it a look when it comes out. I'm a sucker for a pretty cover.

    I just found your blog and am wandering around, enjoying your reviews.
    --Rayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was THE book to get at BEA, so I bet a lot of people are waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rayna, thanks for stopping in! I'm a sucker for a cover, too, and this style is one of my favorites. I visited your blog, enjoyed it very much, and will definitely visit more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I hadn't heard a thing about it until I found it on NetGalley!!! Crazy. It sounds so great. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one of the lucky people that got it at BEA. I just happened to be at the right session. It does sound really good and they've already sold the film rights for it to Summit. (Yeah, the Twilight people which makes me a bit nervous.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sassy, that makes me a little nervous too, given the Twilight suckage.

    Unfortunately I just got the word that I was turned down for the NetGalley e-galley. I guess I'm going to have to woo them with my wit and wisdom a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm eagerly awaiting this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally want to read this! Maybe this should be our next buddy read?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks soooo good, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill, maybe it should!!! Maybe we'd finish this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one does sound magically delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want this one, too! I hope it's as good as it looks. It is so disappointing for a book that seems SO promising to not deliver.

    That is a bummer you didn't get the NetGalley of it- I have been turned down by NetGalley before, too, which is always disheartening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!