Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Reading - Old Friends and a Book Purge!

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly event to list the books finished last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. It was created by J.Kaye’s Book Blog, but is now being hosted by Sheila from One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books!


With the last Harry Potter movie set to release on the 15th, I decided it's time to actually finish my re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As I've been watching the trailers I find myself thinking, "Oh yeah! AND how/why did that happen?" So a refresher is in order. I have about 100 pages left. Haven't cried this time around, but it is yanking at my ole heartstrings.


Sadly, I had to return Louise Erdrich's Shadow Tag and Bloodroot by Amy Greene to the library unread. I just haven't had the motivation! On the other hand, I'm still enjoying Ben Loory's short story collection, Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day


Finally, I had a very bookish weekend when I purged something like four boxes of books yesterday. We're cleaning out our rented storage unit, and if the books aren't favorites, books I'll teach, or something I'm still dying to read after two years in storage, they go! I will have quite the haul to sell to Half-Price Books after work today. On the one hand, it's always sad to kiss books goodbye, but it also feels like a bit of a weight lifted. The books I have left are titles I'm absolutely sold on reading.


How was your weekend? Any bookish events? Anyone else feeling the need to purge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik