Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Reading - And Stuff

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading This Week? is a weekly event to list the books  finished last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. It was created by J.Kaye’s Book Blog, but is now being hosted by Sheila from One Person’s Journey Through a World of  Books!

I feel like shit.

My gracious, loving, generous, 16-month-old Greyson has officially shared his back-to-daycare cold with me. Now the snot monster is trying to devour my cranium from the inside out. Ugg. Can you tell I'm teaching a SF/Fantasy class this term? My description is taking on an Octavia Butler quality. Sorry.

So anyway, I haven't been reading A TON lately due to some very strange and troublesome developments on the homefront of which I will not type, but I have been reading a little bit on a consistent basis. With this snailish pace in mind, I've almost finished Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch. As a lover of books about books, this one is clearly of interest. Three years after her sister's death, Sankovitch decides to read a book a day in order to slooowww her life down and deal with her grief. A BOOK A DAY?! Who does that? No one! Because most of us have to work. BUT, if I could do it, I certainly would. More thoughts on the horizon. Should finish this one by week's end.

My TBR pile is looking dead sexy right now, too. Not only did I download lots of books for $0.99 each recently (thanks to HarperPerennial e-books!), but I also have a juicy stack of review books calling my name. I'm currently reading Tout Sweet: Hanging Up My High Heels for a New Life in France. It's one of those memoirs about leaving life behind and moving into a dilapidated house in France. Think Under the Tuscan Sun, though that was obviously Italy.

I also received an ARC of The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. You may remember me throwing a digital hissy fit because I couldn't get this one from NetGalley -- DE-NIIIIED! But receiving an actual ARC after I requested it directly from the publisher was SWEET! I haven't started it yet, but I fully expect to be punched in the face by its awesomeness in the coming weeks.



What's swirling in your bloggy, bookish world? Anything I need to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik