Wednesday, August 31, 2011

RIP VI - Hurrah!

It's that time again! My very favorite challenge is ON! Carl is hosting the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril challenge for the sixth year (can't believe it!), and I'm soooooo game!

Of the various Perils, I've chosen Peril the First! I'll be attempting four books from any of the following genres: mystery, suspense, thriller, dark fantasy, Gothic, horror, supernatural.

I may also find myself dabbling in Peril of the Short Story, and I'm definitely interested in taking part in this year's Peril of the Group Read. One of the selections is the much-blogged-about, The Lantern, by Deborah Lawrenson.

I've found it's pretty productive for me to limit my reading choices so as not to become overwhelmed; I'll be working from a small collection of printed books and the e-books on my Nook. Some of the reading I have in mind:

  • Affinity by Sarah Waters (STILL need to finish it)

  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

  • The Good Doctor Guillotin by Marc Estrin

  • Captivity by Deborah Noyes

Autumn is my favorite part of the year for the weather, the atmosphere, the damn fine reading, and the wonderful sense of community that swirls around the RIP Challenge! Thanks to Carl for fearlessly hosting us once again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik