Monday, August 08, 2011

The Catching Up Post

Whoa, dude! It's been INTENSE around here. In addtion to the new term start, I've been doing stuff with the fam, mentally preparing myself to buy school clothes and school supplies, chasing Greyson around the house (and up the stairs...hmphf!), and all sorts of madness.

More than anything, I've been prepping for classes left and right. We headed into the second week of the academic term today. My Lit and Film class started watching Edward Scissorhands. It's decidedly not literary, but it's really effective for learning film terms. We're headed into "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" AND Burton's Sleepy Hollow film next.

My Science Fiction and Fantasy class is working on their folk and fairy tale unit. We've read oodles of "Little Red Riding Hood" variations including Perrault, the Grimm Brothers, Joseph Jacobs, and even Roald Dahl. We also watched the Tex Avery cartoon, "Red Hot Riding Hood" and today we started the newest film version of Red Riding Hood, directed by Catherine Hardwick.

Whew! And did I mention our Academic Dean is on maternity leave? That adds a little fuel to the workerly fire. We've been BUSY.

Fun reading? Not so much, though I think the school reading has been pretty darn fun. I'll be wrapping up some loose ends this week (The Little Stranger) and diving into some new loose ends (Tout Sweet).

What have I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik