Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Sunday Salon - Sick, Sourpuss, Short Stories

I always seem to forget that Greyson attending daycare is harder on me than on him. In his first week and a half back I've now conquered the snot monster and have successfully caught a stomach bug. GRRRR!

Greyson spent yesterday and today in the care of his daddio and brother and sister while I lounged and did absolutely nothing. That said, I finished Tout Sweet, by Karen Wheeler, and just as I suspected, it was a huuuuge winner! It fit my mood perfectly and I loved the atmosphere, her writing about food and decor and the goings-on in the French countryside. Sourcebooks is marketing this as "Flit Lit" -- chick lit + travel. I like it, though I'm always resistant to the "chick lit" label in any of its forms. Tout Sweet officially scores a rating of Snuggle.

I jumped directly from Tout Sweet back into Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day by Ben Loory. There's a chance I may finish it up today while I'm relaxing and recovering. As much as I like the surreal, fairy tale feel of this collection, there are some distinctive problems with it, but I'll share those when I'm completely finished reading it.

While I am absolutely, positively ready for a Sunday without illness, this one has been laid back and low-stress, so I can't complain too much. How's your day? Healthier than mine, I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik