Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Andi's Vacation Chronicles, Day 1

What's upppp?! I'm on vacation. I get a little "Jersey Shore" when I'm on vacation from the looks of that greeting. Some of you might remember that I had a week off of work a few months ago, and in a very nasty, tragic turn of fate, I had a stomach virus that I thought was going to kill me. Luckily, the coast is much clearer this time around.

I spent the holiday weekend with girlfriends who also happen to be work colleagues. Our boss had a baby (preemie, adorable!) six weeks ago, and thus far she's been living at the center of a tornado. We helped her get organized, decorate a bit, and generally do some additional nesting to get comfy and cozy at home.

In other news, Greyson got his first haircut. If you follow me on Facebook you've already been inundated with first haircut announcements. But if you don't follow me on Facebook, prepare to be inundated here.

Click to see more cuteness up close...

For all my son's redeeming qualities, doing things for the first time with coolness and calm does not seem to be one of them. I had my arms around the child for 3/4s of the haircut while Chuck took pictures, and I left Cool Cuts 4 Kids looking like a yeti. Greyson started off insanely upset but ended strong with laughter, a lollipop in his ear, and a smile. And a super-freakin-cute haircut to boot!

So I consider today my starting point for vacation. I don't count the weekend since I wouldn't have been at work anyway. Greyson woke me up at 6am, so we got ready, clothes on, teeth brushed, I dropped him off at daycare, and I headed out to Starbucks for a little work time. I spent almost two hours doing administrative tasks for my online classes, and that's surely enough work for Day 1 of My Glorious Vacation.

My mom is off work today too, so we'll probably run amuck this afternoon. I also have big plans for reading and pedicuring this week. Other than that? Not much except relaxing, maybe a little window shopping, and MORE READING and blog reading.

On the reading docket:
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (haven't made much headway, but also haven't been home)
  • Stealing Beauty by Anne Rice
  • Any number of the gazillion books in my house and on my Nook
What are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik