Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Andi's Vacation Chronicles, Day 1

What's upppp?! I'm on vacation. I get a little "Jersey Shore" when I'm on vacation from the looks of that greeting. Some of you might remember that I had a week off of work a few months ago, and in a very nasty, tragic turn of fate, I had a stomach virus that I thought was going to kill me. Luckily, the coast is much clearer this time around.

I spent the holiday weekend with girlfriends who also happen to be work colleagues. Our boss had a baby (preemie, adorable!) six weeks ago, and thus far she's been living at the center of a tornado. We helped her get organized, decorate a bit, and generally do some additional nesting to get comfy and cozy at home.

In other news, Greyson got his first haircut. If you follow me on Facebook you've already been inundated with first haircut announcements. But if you don't follow me on Facebook, prepare to be inundated here.

Click to see more cuteness up close...

For all my son's redeeming qualities, doing things for the first time with coolness and calm does not seem to be one of them. I had my arms around the child for 3/4s of the haircut while Chuck took pictures, and I left Cool Cuts 4 Kids looking like a yeti. Greyson started off insanely upset but ended strong with laughter, a lollipop in his ear, and a smile. And a super-freakin-cute haircut to boot!

So I consider today my starting point for vacation. I don't count the weekend since I wouldn't have been at work anyway. Greyson woke me up at 6am, so we got ready, clothes on, teeth brushed, I dropped him off at daycare, and I headed out to Starbucks for a little work time. I spent almost two hours doing administrative tasks for my online classes, and that's surely enough work for Day 1 of My Glorious Vacation.

My mom is off work today too, so we'll probably run amuck this afternoon. I also have big plans for reading and pedicuring this week. Other than that? Not much except relaxing, maybe a little window shopping, and MORE READING and blog reading.

On the reading docket:
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (haven't made much headway, but also haven't been home)
  • Stealing Beauty by Anne Rice
  • Any number of the gazillion books in my house and on my Nook
What are you doing today?

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big Greyson is already! Wasn't he just born last week? He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for vacations! I hope you enjoy yours. Greyson is so big and looks adorable with his new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is such a cutie. Matt has baby fever, and it seems since he told me he wants a kiddo, there are babies EVERYWHERE. :)

    Enjoy your week off and don't do too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son had his first haircut when his father was mad at me and cut it in the middle of the night without me knowing. Can you imagine?! It brings back all kinds of horrors just typing these words here, so I'm so glad that you and your son made it a joyful experience. In the end, anyway. I've not read anything by Anne Rice; am working through, with great fear and trepidation, a Stephen King. Which I'll probably abandon sooner vs. later. Glad the stomach thing's dissipated. Gladder still it didn't kill you! xoxo

    Had to retype my message since I wrote "hear" instead of "here" and it didn't make any sense. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute kiddo! Love the haircut.

    Enjoy your break. You are past due, friend. You've been working like crazy for a while now, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so handsome!

    And why (WHY??) are you working on your vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been reading The Night Circus, but I haven't had a lot of reading time lately. I am looking forward to getting back to it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the haircut. Kid looks super slick, like he's fixing to go off to his work day at Sterling Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a good vacation ahead of you! I can't believe how big Greyson is getting..first haircuts are the best. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy, I have no idea how he's gotten so big so fast. My mom handed him a spoon and fork last week and he ate with them as if he'd been doing it forever. Kills me! So grown up.

    Kathleen, yay is right! And thank you. He is quite the adorable little monkey. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, Allie! Well if y'all decide to have a baby I'm sure it'll be a cute little bookworm. hehe

    Not too much work -- just enough to feel responsible.

    Bellezza, there would've been some unhappy husband whacking in my house if that'd happened to me! I cannot imagine. I hope you're able to laugh about it now! :) Good luck with the Stephen King. I haven't read much of his stuff in a very long time. His son, Joe Hill, is quite talented but with some shockingly scary and disturbing images here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Picky, I work allll the frackin' time. Since we never have a summer vacation or anything, it's been far overdue.

    Jill, sadly, the grading had to be done. I owed these guys some completed grades! Ack!

    Kelly, I hope you love it as much as I do when you get back to it. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenny, he looks a bit "accounting" in this picture. It's cute and fluffy and piecey on a normal day. Adorables!

    Thanks, Samantha! It's been a wonderful vacation so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!