Friday, September 09, 2011

Andi's Vacation Chronicles, Day 4

Helloooo again, my lovelies! The last time I posted, I was on day one of my vacation, and now I find myself on day four. How did that go so fast? Seriously, when I'm at work the week drags, and when I'm home reading books and getting my toenails painted, it flies!

What have I done this week? A lot of reading and a lot of lazing around and I got a manicure and pedicure. And I shopped a little bit.

Yep, that's all. I'm a strong believer that vacations are just as rewarding when they're uneventful as when I do tons of traveling and blowing and going.

I've raced through 260 pages of The Night Circus and it is LUSCIOUS. I'll actually post a few passages this afternoon, and I'll also be finishing it as soon as I get home today. Right now I'm parked at Starbucks with my laptop, enjoying a beverage and finishing up some grading for my online classes.

I daresay if The Night Circus ends as strongly as it started, it will be a favorite for the year.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great way to spend a vacation! I can't wait to read your final thoughts on The Night Circus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my copy of The Night Circus! Except it's coming from Powell's, so it might be on a slow boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, it has been woooonderful!!!!

    Jill, I hope that boat speeds up.

    To both of you ladies: I just finished The Night Circus moments ago, and I'M BURSTING to talk about it! FRACKIN' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED The Night Circus. I finished it today...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!