Books that jumped into my cart and came home with me:
- You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon (have seen several favorable bloggy reviews of this one)
- Sunset Park by Paul Auster (I'll basically buy anything by Auster, though I haven't really heard much about this one)
- The Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle (I don't really feel terribly motivated to read this, but I liked the Penguin Ink cover!)
- Hummingbirds by Joshua Gaylord (Another tattoo-inspired cover caught my eye. The blurb sounded interesting enough.)
- The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson (Much buzzed about)
- Edible: Stories by Mark Kurlansky (Food stories can't be a bad thing)
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
I'm pretty darn excited about all of these -- especially The Sisters Brothers since it's been shortlisted for the Booker. I'll probably jump into that one as soon as my RIP reading slows down.
Have you read anything on the list that I should move to the top of the pile?