Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Sunday Salon - Of Hair Chopping and Book Woes

Ahh, the art of the self-portrait. Not a great job, but at least I got the biggest news of the week, which is my HAIR CHOPPERY! If you remember, I had long, curly hair. It was most recently cut into a short bob when Greyson was 6 months old. 11 months later I have gotten sick of the long heaviness and got it ALL CUT OFF into a spikey rocker pixie.

I think I'm in lurv, y'all. Air hits my neck; I can see my earrings! The stylist left it a little longer on top than I actually wanted, so I have to tame and finagle my curls to look messy and spikey and not Lyle Lovett boufant. But that's OK. I'll have it trimmed when I can't stand it anymore.

In other news, I am prepping my academic program  at the college for an audit this week. It's actually for one of the programs in our school of Justice, but since General Education supports ALL programs, my faculty files and such have to be beautiful and pristine. It's a huge pain in the arse, but it will be worth it to have it DONE. That's Wednesday, so don't expect to hear much from me in the early part of the week. I'm certain I'll be working late on Monday and maybe even Tuesday.

I was really relieved to have BBAW last week because it gave me something to post about, and I really haven't gotten a whole lot of reading done. I'm still enjoying The Good Doctor Guillotin by Mark Estrin (Unbridled Books), but it's not involving in the same way, oh, The Night Circus was. What is, right??! I'm reading it on my Nook, and my Nook needs charging. Not a particularly taxing task, but in the middle of audit hell this week, I just haven't thought to plug it in.

I'm about to jump into Me Again by Keith Cronin. I've seen several really positive reviews for this one so far, and it's for a TLC Book Tour. My stop is October 10th. I'm being proactive, see! I'm not procrastinating! I also did not realize (duh!) when I accepted the tour date that the 10th is two days before the start of the next academic term. Oopsy! So yeah, another reason to start reading and SHOW OFF MY PREPAREDNESS!

I hope you've all had a great, restful weekend. See y'all on the flipside o'the audit!

29 comments:

  1. I love that hair cut! It really suits you!

    I have been reading Moby-Dick for what feels like forever, and when my posts are finally caught up at the end of this week, I will have nothing else to write about! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gautami, thank you very much!!! I feel much lighter. :)

    Allie, thank you muchly! I cannot even imagine serious trying to read Moby Dick. I read the abbreviated version in my anthology in college and it made me want to tear my hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cut!!

    I've been meaning to ask you - did you see the post i put up earlier in the week about a TX blogger get-together in Austin? We're getting together for lunch at the Teen Fest on October 1st. So far it's just me, Amanda from Urban Bachelorette, and Melissa from Book Nut. We would love to have you join us if that's at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I did not see that post (behind reading because of the audit).

    I would LOOOOOVE to come if I can possibly swing it. I don't know Amanda from Urban Bachelorette but I would love to meet her. Melissa is an old friend from the ER E-Zine days, and I would give a kidney to meet you, my dear! Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep you posted on the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love the hair cut!

    Man, I was caught up in The Woman in White the other afternoon, went to turn the page: Please charge your reader. I was so freaking mad because one of things I didn't look into ahead of time is my reader needs a computer USB to charge. So, no computer handy? No charging! It's the first time I hadn't noticed it was dying and charged it ahead of time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, LOVE the hair! Looks great :-) And I know how you feel about having no reading done and thus nothing to post, though in a way I like when that happens to bloggers because then you get fun posts like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great haircut! Looks fabulous on you. I loved it when I cut my long hair off, too :)

    You sound so busy...I don't have your reasons for not blogging much, and I still haven't posted in a week! Life happens. Hope it all happens in a reasonable fashion for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair! Go you. I'm much too chicken to chop my hair that short.

    Good luck with your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It is sassy (just like you)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is all this talk about Night Circus? I keep seeing that title pop up.

    Love the haircut. I am still wearing mine long even despite my threats to cut it every time Mouse pulls it. She also likes to run her fingers through it though and I don't mind that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not everybody can wear short hair like that - but YOU most definitely can :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute haircut and having all that weight off your neck is really nice-I agree! Good luck with your audit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love Love LOVE the hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love that style. You are so lucky to have curly hair!

    Good luck with all your work stuff. Sounds like you have your hands full. I'll bet you look forward to coming home and seeing that darling little boy of yours!

    I keep hearing such good things about Me Again, so I'll be on the lookout for your review. No pressure, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the haircut! you can definitely rock the short do. i'm too scared to chop off all my hair like that. i don't think i would look as good as you do with that hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hair looks great! You have to be very pretty and spunky to pull off short hair and you do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at you! Rocking a pixie! I LOVE it! I wish I had your nerve. I just can't quite bring myself to trim mine, plus my son is all, every night, "Can I go to bed with you? I want to hold your hair." I melt, I swear.

    I'm having trouble reading after the awesome-ness that was The Night Circus too. Something will come along, but definitely NOT Moby Dick. Bleck.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute cut! Good luck with your work stuff. Glad you'll get it out of the way so you can get back to the all important reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love love love the haircut! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! Good for you for chopping it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's adorable Andi, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love it I love it I love it! I bet it feels great, too--I'm all about the short hair (though I haven't been that short in about 10 years).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really great hair cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!