Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Sunday Salon - Of Hair Chopping and Book Woes

Ahh, the art of the self-portrait. Not a great job, but at least I got the biggest news of the week, which is my HAIR CHOPPERY! If you remember, I had long, curly hair. It was most recently cut into a short bob when Greyson was 6 months old. 11 months later I have gotten sick of the long heaviness and got it ALL CUT OFF into a spikey rocker pixie.

I think I'm in lurv, y'all. Air hits my neck; I can see my earrings! The stylist left it a little longer on top than I actually wanted, so I have to tame and finagle my curls to look messy and spikey and not Lyle Lovett boufant. But that's OK. I'll have it trimmed when I can't stand it anymore.

In other news, I am prepping my academic program  at the college for an audit this week. It's actually for one of the programs in our school of Justice, but since General Education supports ALL programs, my faculty files and such have to be beautiful and pristine. It's a huge pain in the arse, but it will be worth it to have it DONE. That's Wednesday, so don't expect to hear much from me in the early part of the week. I'm certain I'll be working late on Monday and maybe even Tuesday.

I was really relieved to have BBAW last week because it gave me something to post about, and I really haven't gotten a whole lot of reading done. I'm still enjoying The Good Doctor Guillotin by Mark Estrin (Unbridled Books), but it's not involving in the same way, oh, The Night Circus was. What is, right??! I'm reading it on my Nook, and my Nook needs charging. Not a particularly taxing task, but in the middle of audit hell this week, I just haven't thought to plug it in.

I'm about to jump into Me Again by Keith Cronin. I've seen several really positive reviews for this one so far, and it's for a TLC Book Tour. My stop is October 10th. I'm being proactive, see! I'm not procrastinating! I also did not realize (duh!) when I accepted the tour date that the 10th is two days before the start of the next academic term. Oopsy! So yeah, another reason to start reading and SHOW OFF MY PREPAREDNESS!

I hope you've all had a great, restful weekend. See y'all on the flipside o'the audit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik