Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Coming Uppers

Thanks for all of the kind comments on my previous, "Personally" post. I appreciate the pep talks and well wishes and prayers. Today is a new day, and I'm stuck home from work with what the doctor will only call "something viral." It involves streppy symptoms like a wicked sore throat and the worst muscle aches I've ever had!!! I can't wait to feel better (hurry up!) but I though I'd stop in for a quick review of what's coming on ze blog in the near future.

I've actually put Deborah Lawrenson's The Lantern on hold for a few days. I'm way ahead of the group read over at Carl's place, and I'm still certain I'll finish it before the first post goes up. That's OK, I like a book that can grab me by the hair.

I dug into Keith Cronin's Me Again for my participation in the upcoming TLC Book Tour. My first thoughts were not good. There was something "off" about the writing for me. I think the bottom line might be that I'm having trouble suspending disbelief that a stroke victim could write this lucidly about his "rebirth" experience. We'll see, though. The further I read, the more thoroughly involved I'm becoming!

I'm still staring down the stacks of books I bought recently. I do believe Tipping the Velvet is floating to the top. I just can't resist a Waters novel sitting and staring at me.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik