Saturday, October 22, 2011

In the Thick of It!

Hello my fellow Read-a-Thonners (and anyone else stopping by). Today has been a rollercoaster. I've spent a good decent amount of time reading. While I spent a while with Alice I Have Been last night, I actually went back to one of my recent reads today: The Night Strangers, by Chris Bohjalian.

I've never read Bohjalian's work before, and it took me a little while to get into his style. He words things in odd (and to me) off-putting ways at times. His sentences can be convoluted and just funky. However, writing style aside, I'm starting to warm up to the characters a bit, and the creep factor seems to be kicking up a notch.

The middle part of my day was a reading wash. I had lunch with my mom, and after that I had a crazy, yucky headache kick in. I took an afternoon nap and must've laid positively wrong, and when I woke up it was worse than when I started. After a few doses of Excedrin and ibuprofen it went away, and I spent a while cleaning and straightening around the house. Now I'm settled in for the night and plan to get back to my reading as soon as I make at pass at Pinterest and visit Group Recipes to find a good spring roll recipe for this week. Don't ask. I've been on a spring roll kick for some reason.


I haven't gotten much bloggy visiting done this Read-a-Thon, but hopefully I can spend a few minutes doing that in the morning. I hope it's going well for everybody! Read like rockstars, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik