Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Inspired by a Softdrink

Thanks to Jill from Fizzy Thoughts for inspiring me so I have something to post today since I'm the slowest, most unmotivated reader in all the land.


Age: 30 (31 in 16 days)


Bed Size: Full...blah. Not big enough for myself and a toddler with his foot in my ear.


Chore that you hate: Dusting. Evil, evil dusting.


Dogs: Yes!!! Daisy is a somesuch mixed breed with radar ears.


Essential start to your day: Coffee or Diet Pepsi


Favorite colors: Red, turquoise, and green. Not together necessarily, but they're delightful on the whole.


Gold or Silver: Silver


Height: 5'3" -- the last to know when it rains


Instruments you play: I played the "recorder" (flutey thing) in elementary school, but that's as far as I've gotten in my classical music training.


Job Title: Program Chair for General Education


Kids: Yep! Greyson is 18 months old, the Rockets are 15 and 13.


Live: Dallas, TX


Mother-in-Law’s name: She passed away last year, but her name was Donna and she went by Dee.


Nicknames: Andi-Bug. EVERYONE in my hometown knows me by my nickname.


Overnight hospital stays: I had my tonsils out when I was six, and the doctor's name was Ripp. Sad joke on the part of the universe.


Pet Peeves: Whining


Quote from a movie: Urrg, umm, well...I love movies but when you ask me for a quote I go all blank.


Right or Left handed: Right, though with a toddler in the house I've learned to use my left hand and both feet, too.


Siblings: No thanks.


Time you wake up: Between 5 and 6am. Every. Single. Day. Except weekends. That would just be sick.


Underwear: Yes!


Vegetable you hate: Bean sprouts. They taste like dirt.


What makes you run late: A poopy diaper at the last minute. Not mine, of course. Little G has a habit of it. He's making it a sport.


X-Rays you’ve had: Hand when I slammed it in a Taco Bell bathroom door when I was four. Both ankles when I broke them BOTH (one of them on two separate occasions) between 5th and 8th grades.


Yummy food that you make: Sopapilla cheesecake!


Zoo animal: MEERKATS!!!! They rule. I *heart* the skittish little buggers.

18 comments:

  1. Dusting is one of those tricks of the universe...as you dust, the dust flies up into the air...as you walk away, it settles right back onto the surface you dusted it off of...why bother???
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a baby, and boy do I feel old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee is an essential part of starting my day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sopapilla cheesecake combines two of my most favorite things in the world! I see a recipe post coming on . . . you know, if I beg hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate dusting. You look again and you would almost never know you did it. I should do it more often because of allergies and things. And, this reminds me I haven't had coffee yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are bean sprouts really a vegetable? I also put them in the same category as regular sprouts (that would be the worthless category).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that Greyson is already 18 months old! Time flies by so fast!

    Dusting is something I rarely do. That's what kids are for! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chore I hate? ALL of them! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah--I don't think anyone could be a slower or more unmotivated reader than I am these days. I couldn't even tell you how many books I've read this year...and don't really care. ;) Anywho.

    Clearly you need a bigger bed!! That is all. Oh, and Bean Sprouts are kind of dirty tasting, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, you're so right! I don't think I'll ever dust again. :D

    Kathy, no no no. No feeling old allowed.

    Lola, amen! It's becoming more and more necessary every year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meg, I will absolutely send it to you. It's one of the easiest recipes around. Very deceiving indeed!

    Kelly, I'm all about it simply because of the allergy thing. In fact, maybe I need to dust more because I feel the fall allergy crap coming on as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill, pretty much! They're green and leaf(ish) so I consider them a veggie.

    Natasha, amen sister! Greyson isn't quite old enough for dusting, but as soon as he is, I'm all over that chore for him!

    Jen, I concur, but dusting is the worst of the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trish, I'm sinking into that attitude of don't care more and more. Liberating I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sopapilla cheesecake! Now that sounds delicious!

    Not fond of bean sprouts either, or avocado for that matter, even though it's supposed to be really good for your health. Bleah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just THIRTY! I'm stunned. I had no idea. Not from any photos, but just your writing. So mature, thoughtful, etc.etc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a fun post and one I might steal since I've been pretty overwhelmed lately. Sopapilla cheesecake definitely sounds like a recipe you should post.

    Broken hand at the age of four sounds horrible! Although at least you probably don't remember much. I'm guessing you didn't go to Taco Bell much after that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have filched this meme for some low-content weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!