Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Post-Birthday Wrap-Up and Bookish Miscellany


I survived my birthday and my birthday weekend! My actual birthday was a plethora of work-related frivolity. My boss brought me a Starbucks skinny caramel macchiato in the morning and bought me a Chinese lunch. Our registrar brought me a miniature cake covered in scads of frosting and a surprise birthday balloon. The group (5 Program Chairs and the Librarian), surprised me with another cake AND flowers at our afternoon meeting. Oh, AND they gave me the most wonderful, work-inappropriate card and a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card!

And did I mention we all went out for drinks after work??? There are pics of myself in a handmade paper birthday crown posing with a Scotch egg (boiled egg covered in sausage and deep fried, served with spicy mustard and relish). And the egg had a candle in it. Ahem! Much fun was had by all, and I can't even tell you how much I appreciated their efforts. Talk about feeling wonderful at work!

Thanks to ALL of the wonderful folks who wished me a happy birthday on Facebook or here on the blog. I was most definitely feeling the love!!!

The weekend was low key: some time with Greyson, some time spent with my mom with cake and goodies, some minimal class grading, some reading.

Which leads me to my current books!!! After I finished up Bad Marie, I started Everything is Going to Be Great by Rachel Shukert. While she's a lovely, deranged individual, the book just isn't clicking form me. I'm having much better luck with You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon. More on that one to come!

What are you reading? And would you consume a be-candled Scotch egg? Or a regular one, at that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik