Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings

I don't participate in Top Ten Tuesday regularly, but I always look forward to seeing my fellow bloggers' responses. When I saw this week's topic over at The Broke and the Bookish, I KNEW I had to jump into the fray. Tis the season to be wishlisting books! Here are 10 from my wishlist.

Zone One by Colson Whitehead
Because I'm all about a literary romp through a post-apocalyptic landscape. 

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Even though I know it's gonna tear me a proverbial emotional "new one." 

State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Because I need to make peace with at least ONE Patchett novel. I've had no luck with the others.

Graveminder by Melissa Marr
Even though there is potential for cheese here, but still want to try. It looks ridiculously fun and potentially creepy.

Lost on Planet China by J. Maarten Troost
Because I have enjoyed other Troost books including The Sex Lives of Cannibals and Getting Stoned with Savages.

Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
Because Tony is a kitchen god. An inflammatory, sensational, good-writery one. 

There but for the by Ali Smith
Because Hotel World blew my socks right off and even though I didn't have luck with The Accidental.

Blue Nights by Joan Didion
Despite the  fact that it's going to make me cry like an idiot.
I Married You for Happiness by Lily Tuck
Because it sound freaking amazing and underappreciated. I need a literary underdog.

The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
Because I haven't liked one solitary thing Eugenides has written to this point, but I'm a sucker for an academic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik