Friday, January 13, 2012

Estella's Revenge Linkapalooza, Vol. 2

Welcome back! Linkapalooza, Vol. 2 is upon us! If you missed it last week, I will be posting a list of links to discussion posts and reviews from my week's bloggy reading. These are reviews that pique my interest, fun or interesting discussions swirling in the blogosphere and other stuff that gains my fancy. The most important thing? All bloggers, all the time. No big media outlets here, people. Grassroots reading, baby!

Discussion/Opinion/STUFF Posts

  • Sheila from Book Journey weighs in on how blogging trends have changed.
  • Chris from Chrisbookarama put her two cents in on the changing trends in book blogging. I might add my thoughts next week since this is a VERY interesting discussion. With my 7-year blogiversary coming up, it seems timely!
  • Katie from Mama the Reader is in PARIS and I am super jealous. If you've not checked out Katie's blog, photography, and commentary on motherhood, you're SO missing out.
  • The Indie Lit Awards shortlists were announced this week, and I'm excited that I already have a couple of the books on my stacks. Most notably, Songs for the New Depression by Kergan Edwards-Stout.
  • Brenna from Literary Musings reviewed Forgotten Bookmarks: A Bookseller's Collection of Odd Things Lost Between the Pages by Michael Popek. How the heck did I not know about this book? And this BLOG?!!
  • Amanda from Fig and Thistle wrote a SUPER COOL review of The Night Circus formatted like a recipe!
  • And I'm all up in Chris's space this week because I loved her review of Ragnarok by A.S. Byatt. 

What caught your eye this week?


  1. Ooh thanks for sharing. I love that Night Circus review, and I want to read a few books off The Indie List as well. I shared links (today) on the book awards shortlist announced this week - quite a few of them including Man Asia and The Short Story Prize, plus The Tournament of Books list.

  2. Isn't that a great idea for a review, Tanya Patrice? LOOOVED it! Will definitely be checking out your links today!

  3. Lots of very cool links here, and things that I need to check out! I can't wait to see that Night Circus review! I have only seen one like that before, and they intrigue me. Thanks for putting this all together for us, Andi!

  4. I <3 your linkapalooza idea. :) It draws out the whole conversation a bit--connecting bloggers a bit more. The posts about how book blogging has changed were interesting (& I look forward to reading your thoughts on the topic).

  5. Hey, look at that! I made it in twice! Thanks Andi. I'll be checking out the other links. And I love that graphic.

  6. Looks like I have some blogs to check out.... :)

  7. Isn't it amazing how much book blogging has changed since we started? And geez! Has it really been SEVEN YEARS? Egads!

    I loved the way Amanda reviewed The Night Circus. Spot on, it was. And now I'm dying to read Ragnarok, thanks to Chris. And to think, I had it from Netgalley and totally forgot! Face/Palm

  8. Heather, the Night Circus review was super-fab.

    Thanks, Melody! I love the community, and sharing bloggers' writing is what I miss most about the Estella's Revenge E-Zine. Cheers to the conversation!

    Thank YOU, Chris! I *heart* your blog.

    Yes you do, Sheila! :)

    Heather, I know!!! And that doesn't count the year I blogged before I made this one. So it's actually 8 or 9 for me. Crazy. I never dreamed I'd stick with it for this long, but it's really my fave hobby besides actually reading. :D I've been neglecting NetGalley. I just haven't had time!


Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik