Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Sunday Salon - Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!! I would've posted sooner, but I came down with strep throat on Friday!!! I spent the last two days in bed, wishing for a swift demise. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come in 2012. The good news is, with the help of some serious antibiotics, I feel much better now.

Tis the season to be posting one's "resolutions" but everyone sucks at resolutions. Let's just be real shall we? So I'm not posting resolutions. I'm posting 2012 goals.

1. Don't impose too many rules on reading. That's right. It's the anti-goal. My main purpose in reading in 2012 should be to read deliberately. I shall not force myself to finish anything I hate. I will not accept review books or tour books I'm only lukewarm about. While I only read 30 books in 2011, it was an EXCELLENT reading year!

2. Make healthier choices--food choices, financial choices, motherhood choices. Just be a more balanced person in general.

3. Start a serious weight loss journey. I have a lot to lose, but I'm being realistic, accepting that it'll be a slow process, but I want to be healthier for my son and for myself. I'm taking a lot of inspiration from Amanda of Ramblings. It's been rewarding to witness her journey. If she can do it, I can do it, too!

4. Start seriously looking for a new job. As much as I love the one I have now, I have finally wrapped my head around the fact that it will go away this year. I have to find the next gig.

I've set some pretty straightforward goals for myself in 2012, and they're all extensions of things I've put in motion in 2011. Piece of cake, right?! We'll see. :)

As for reading, I'm about halfway through The Housekeeper and the Professor, and it'll most certainly be my first completed book of 2012. Watch for a review this week!!!

I hope you're all having a relaxing start to the new year. I see a good meal and time with Greyson in my plan today. Now that I'm back among the living, I can enjoy the first day of 2012.

What's your plan for the day? What are you reading to begin the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik