Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Sunday Salon - The Shrunken TBR

Mornin' bloggers! It's been a very bookish weekend. I dropped Greyson off yesterday for a visit with the fam, and quickly did some shopping. With some new jeans and a rad military-style jacket under my belt, I headed home to settle down with Madame Bovary. Just as many of you have pointed out, Madame Bovary is not a nice person. But I also know this novel is considered a hallmark of literary realism, and bitchy is the m.o. of the movement. I read Theodore Dreiser's Sister Carrie in grad school and really liked that one, and it was a whole lot of bummer. I'm ok with bummer sometimes!

I've been looking at my TBR a lot this weekend. Wanna see? Click to embiggen...

Having so few books in my possession is a great help (the rest are in storage). I don't spend tons of time waffling about what to read next when I have a small group of great choices in front of me. Also, note the jack-o-lantern candle holder. A Greyson original. So, in short, I'll be choosing from this pile next. Let me know what you'd like to endorse. :D

The rest of my day will be uneventful. Kiddo will be coming home, I'm hunkering down with more Madame Bovary until then, and doing a little blog surfing to see what the rest of you are up to on this lazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik