Friday, March 09, 2012

Personally: One More Milestone

And just that quick, my office at the college is packed up. I've spent this past week scrambling to square away administrative tasks to make life easier for my colleagues after I'm gone. I've shredded my weight in paper. I've given and received a lot of hugs.

It certainly is odd to be leaving here after three years of chasing students, chasing faculty. There was a cake this week, cards, gifts from colleagues and students. There's been a lot of reflecting. I was offered an opportunity to grow up professionally here. So much good advice and mentoring.

While I can't believe I'm done with my journey here with these wonderful co-workers, I am undoubtedly excited to be doing something new that's so close to my heart. And in many ways I'll be carrying on what I started here -- helping new institutions engage with students and professionals via the social Web, ferreting out new ways to learn and new ways to do business.

Bittersweet as it is, I think I'm ready to go. Good things await.

16 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Andi!
    Your new job sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have been such an emotional and exhausting week for you, Andi. Bittersweet, but at the same time so exciting! All the best at the new job - social media, such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it really was bittersweet. It's always hard to leave people you've spent so much time with and gotten to know so well. But goodness have you got something wonderful to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that had to be hard and exciting at the same time…I know you have wonderful things ahead of you though Andi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand how it must have been sad to leave behind a place where you've been for three years, but it sounds like you have new, fun challenges ahead...best of luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely sounds like a bittersweet experience. But so exciting too, the new job is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ARE ready! Good luck and congrats! It's always a bittersweet, but there is so much wonderful stuff ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand the bittersweet feeling. I'm still so excited for you and your new job! It's going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool opportunity! Enjoy every moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and good luck with the new job, Andi! It is exciting - and sad, and a little scary, isn't it? Along with all the other changes in your life....I'd say you are handling it all amazingly well. Remember to have some fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I know you must be experiencing a ton of emotions right now. I look forward to hearing all about the new gig!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good things, indeed! Leaving a job is always bittersweet, but I'm sure your next adventure will be a great one. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the future is a very bright one for you, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck as you march into your new future with the new job. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!