Sunday, April 01, 2012

I Feel Another "Stuff Week" Coming On!

Holy upheaval!

The new job is going well. I'm spending lots of hours working since the name of the game in social media is that it never sleeps. Plus, ya know, building a department, more or less, from the ground up! We have lots of cool projects in the works -- some I can type about; others are still super-top-secret. BUT if you'd like a peek, go on over to http://www.thecommonsmediagroup.com. Especially if you're in higher education, you'll love this publication!

All this to say, I'm gonna have to host another "stuff week" here at the old blog. Some of you might remember I had blogger block back in the fall, and writing about something other than books -- completely taking the pressure off -- really helped rejuvenate me.

 Reading will be back, but it's not back yet. I'm doing lots of photo taking, toddler herding, and social media immersing. Have been exploring the new neighborhoods around work (been 10 years since I worked in downtown Dallas, and now I'm on the uptown/Arts District side). When it comes to reading it's been some fashion and food blogs. And we've been spending time outside in the beautiful weather.

I'm feeling springy and needing some lightness, so I have CHANGED MY BACKGROUND for this little mood. That NEVER happens. I'll also be doing some "favorite things" posts this week about the things that make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Lots of change swirling around me -- the most since Greyson was born -- but it's good! I miss you all terribly, but I'm making my way back into the groove!

What have you been up to?? What's your spring mood like?

21 comments:

  1. We'll be here when your life settles down.

    I'm not sure about my spring mood since we seem to have skipped it this year. It's supposed to get up to 89 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, same here in Texas. It went from pleasant to hot in no time!

      Delete
  2. I love the new background. It's so sunny! I can't wait to see your pictures. I've been meaning to take some too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I changed it since you left this comment, I think, but I hope it still says "sunny." :D

      Delete
  3. Love the new background and the new changes. Can't wait to see your favorites posts next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya Patrice! I was a little later getting started than I intended, but I vow to myself to actually take a lunch hour this week to blog more. I could do it at night, but I know myself well enough to realize, it's just not happening after 8pm (the first opportunity I have).

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are really settling into the new job wonderfully - good luck finding that balance and time for yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! It's been a struggle so far, but the exhaustion is starting to subside a bit and I'm feeling more normal. Here's hoping!

      Delete
  5. Glad the new job is going well, but you do sound very busy!
    I am taking it easy at the moment as today is the first day of my two week Easter break and I'm getting over some serious burn-out from last term. I see plenty of reading in bed in my immediate future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very busy indeed, Sam! I hope you enjoy your Easter break! Reading in bed sounds perfect!

      Delete
  6. LOL! Springtime makes me want to hop around too :) We've been outside a lot as well...love this weather and all the beautiful colors surrounding us...I'll be in heaven when it's time to plant my little seedlings :):) So glad to hear the new job is going so well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I usually have something to plant, but I've totally bypassed that process this year. I can already tell it's going to be a sweltering Texas summer, so I'm afraid my planting might be a lost cause this year. :((

      Thanks re: the new job!

      Delete
  7. You sound so upbeat and positive, and that is so wonderful to see! If the blog design change is any indicator of your mood, things must be very exciting for you! Hope to hear more soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! It's good so far. Very upbeat and cherishing the time at home with my kiddo even more now that work is a breakneck pace.

      Delete
  8. I think mine is one of desperation. I just can't wait to be done with school but I have not motivation to work on homework. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Ash! That goes with the territory. I remember that feeling all too well. :)

      Delete
  9. glad to hear that you're enjoying your new job! i completely know how you feel as far as being so busy you can't even squeeze in two seconds to relax and read. been there done that.

    hopefully life starts to calm down soon for you, but in the meantime at least you're having a blast enjoying your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toothy, I didn't know it was possible to get busier than I was before. But SURPRISE! :)

      Things are evening out a bit, so hopefully I'll be back to a more normal state soon.

      Delete
  10. Your new job sounds like such fun, and you get to work on such great projects! Love the new background - definitely makes me think spring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belle! I am pretty excited with the job. Especially when I tell y'all tomorrow what we're working on now! Wowza! You may have already seen it on Facebook -- can't remember. lol

      Delete
  11. It really sounds like life is treating you well, Andi. You're busy, but it's a good busy. You have an exciting job, an adorable little boy, a new environment in the city, and a pretty blog template. Your enthusiasm is contagious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!