Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Personally: Guess Who Turned TWO Yesterday?!

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. Greyson is growing up so fast; it's hard to believe he turned two years old. I look back and I have no idea where the time went -- into work, housekeeping, and family squabbles. But also into trips to the park, meals, bath time, naps, books and toys.

So much has changed over the last two years. Not just Greyson himself, but the way we go about our day, the way our family functions, the jobs, the routines.

Yes, it was a bittersweet day to look back, but Greyson is the sweetest part of everyone's day every single day. He's full of laughs and smiles and new words. He has the best "please" in town. He giggles and has an attitude. He's turning into a real individual: a hard-headed, opinionated, joyful, giggly little man reminiscent of Chuck and me in equal parts. It makes me happy to see him make everyone around him happy.

He also shares his birthday with my mom--his NooNoo--so they celebrated with hugs and snuggles. She has been an enormous help to me even though I don't think it's fair sometimes that we take up so much of her time. She insists she's glad to help, and in seeing her interact with him, I believe her.

Greyson is two. I never realized just how fast the time passes.

Got wrapped up watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and forgot about gifts!

Looking things over.

Waiting patiently (mostly). 

20 comments:

  1. Looks like he had a fabulous birthday! My youngest nephew turned one yesterday - popular day for birthdays! He's adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, he looks so sweet in that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does! What a cutie pie. Hope it was fantastic.

      Delete
  3. My oldest nephew told me he was a pre-teen yesterday! It's crazy, kids grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, he's so darn precious! I would never get anything done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Greyson! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your little man! Hope he had a great day (and you did, too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can he possibly be two? I haven't aged a day since he was born. I'm sure your mother loves every second she spends with his adorableness. Happy birthday Greyson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! glad you all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe he's two, already! I'm crazy about that last picture. So cute! He looks like he's trying to be patient but will leap if you turn your back. Happy Birthday to Greyson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Greyson! He is getting so big, and it seems like the time just flies, doesn't it? This is a really great post, and I can see just by the photos how happy and much loved he truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Greyson! It looks like he had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a little doll. I adore the last picture of him eying those gifts. Bittersweet is the perfect word. We celebrate Elle's birthday next Wednesday and I just can't believe it. And know that SO much will change in the next year. Most of me is really excited but part of me is sad the days pass so quickly.

    Happy birthday to the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so handsome, Andi! What a great celebration for his birthday!

    I wish I were lucky enough to live near my grandson - believe me, I’d be thrilled to have him take up all my time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. April babies are the best! ;-) Not that I'm biased or anything. And I love that he got sidetracked by the chipmunks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Greyson! It looks like he had a wonderful day! Just so you know, it has been so inspiring to watch you balance parenting and your job and your family (and a new job!) while still maintaining your own interests - you have been such a source of inspiration to me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww...he is getting SO big! It looks like he had a wonderful birthday! And time passes by just too fast. I look at my 9 yr old and wonder where the time went :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe he's two, but it seems like you've been a mama for much longer. He has brought you so much joy and happiness, Andi. You are truly blessed. And your mom is so lucky to spend so much time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, happy (belated) birthday, Greyson! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Andi. Enjoy this time -- I know you will. Mine are 19 and 17 and I never thought I'd miss the terrible 2's but I do. Sooooo wish I could go back in time. I guess I'll look forward to being a grandma now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!