Saturday, April 14, 2012

Slump Busting with a New Download

What I'm really dealing with here is a slump. While it is MOST DEFINITELY work-induced, it still has to go. Seriously, I need readerly sustenance. So how am I going to bust this significantly horrible slump?

1. All obligations are off. Except that TLC tour on the 24th.
2. All concern for reading anything literary fiction is gone.
3. Books I own??? Who cares!

After months of lusting from afar after A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, I finally took the plunge and downloaded it to my Nook. I've seen scads of positive reviews of this one, and some have even described it to me--for better or worse--as Twilight for adults. That could go either way, we'll see.

Nonetheless, I am taken with the premise and I'm especially keen on the academic bent that's included. However, I am slightly scared by the fact that it reminds me of The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe right here in the beginning. I was only so-so about that one, so hopefully Discovery of Witches will thrill and delight me a bit more.

I'm only a few chapters in, but this one is definitely going to be a quick read and that's probably exactly what I need to get my reading mojo going again.

Have you slumped lately? What got you out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik