Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Stuff Week: Coffee Confections

It's "stuff week" again here at the old blog because I have been indulging in lots of stuff that makes me happy lately. Spring has sprung (or is it summer already) and I'm feeling that itch to clean and frolic. So what do I have in store for you today? Goodies, that's what! I'm highlighting some of my favorite indulgences and pleasures this week. No one is paying me. I just like to pretend I'm Oprah sometimes.



I didn't start drinking coffee until the last two years or so. I knew as soon as my mom bought a Keurig, good things were in store. I was positively convinced when she bought Chuck and me our own Keurig a couple of years ago.

Within the last year or so, with a long commute and often sleep-deprived, I do enjoy a cup or two first thing in the morning on the way to work or when I get to the office. Imagine my inward squeals of joy when I saw my new office has TWO industrial-sized Keurigs with a nearly-unlimited amount of K-cups! We always have a stash of standards like Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend and Newman's Extra Bold. But what really flips my switch is when we get a box of specialty blend, as was the case last week when a new flavor came into my life.


*angels sing, caffeine junkies do backflips*

AWE-SOME.

This is a light roast with a distinctively cinnamon roll flavor. I know, I was shocked, too. It does take some prep work to figure out how much cream/sweetener to add. Lemme tell ya, not much! It's a sweet, cinnamony delight, and while I might not want it first thing in the morning, this is one of those coffees I'd love to enjoy in the afternoon. It has that comfort quality to it.

Green Mountain is probably my favorite K-Cup brand in general. I find their coffee smooth, not too bitter or acidic, and generally just right for me. I'm also one of those people that would never be caught dead drinking black coffee. I make it taste less like coffee and more like heaven.

The really important question is: what are your favorite coffees? Any recommendations for me (K-cup or not)? Come on, coffee nuts need to know these things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik