Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Sunday Salon - Of Yucky Weather and Lounging

Yucky weather is right. Cloudy, drizzly, and a chance of severe storms throughout the day. Needless to say, I've spent the day in my jammies grading papers and watching mindless TV. Greyson, the will-be-TWO-on-Tuesday toddler, woke me up by hoisting himself over my sleeping frame at 6am. You might've seen me lamenting this fact on Twitter. I set the kid up with breakfast, made myself some eggs and toast, and we were off to a good start.

We've watched copious amounts of DVRed Caillou episodes. I made some quick chicken salad for lunch. He's napping (that should be winding down any time now). Since I've spent the bulk of this middle part of the day grading, I think I'm going to reward myself with some reading time this afternoon. With the kiddo rested, he should be willing to play with toys until dinner time.

I'm not far into A Discovery of Witches, so I hope I can focus enough to really dig in this afternoon. On another reading-related note, my Google Reader is CLEAR for the first time in over a month. Go me!

Off to lounge some more, finish some laundry, and generally enjoy a lazy Sunday. I hope you're doing the same!

15 comments:

  1. He is just so cute :) Can’t believe he’s TWO already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lazy day is the perfect way to spend Sunday! I'm working on catching up with everything blog related as well...and hopefully reading too :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, in fact, doing both laundry and "lazy". About to get off my fat butt to check the laundry and then I'll curl up with my book after Kiddo heads back to school. Thrilling Mother Moment: Kiddo finally decided what to major in! He'll be heading to Ole Miss in the fall and working toward a degree in physical therapy (which means a masters, minimum) with a minor in business. Pray it works out, please! It's taken a long time for him to find something that interests him, so we're all hoping it goes well.

    Also, in case you didn't see it, I'll be reviewing a children's book by Simon, soon. I don't adore the illustrations but the writing is classic Simon and therefore the awesome writing makes it well worth owning. I highly recommend Flashlight Books. They and Sterling Kids are my absolute favorites.

    I can't believe your boy is turning two!!! LOVE that photo (the car is awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve to relax this afternoon. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a lazy-ish Sunday. I went into work, it was pretty low stress, and I went to lunch with a coworker who also came in for a few hours. Now begins the lazy part of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish we grownups could nap every day! Why don't we do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, lazy Sundays. Wish there were more of them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute photo! Enjoy your reading Sunday. Bad weather here too; so much for April. http://www.thecuecard.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Google Reader has over a 1000 unread posts - oh dear! Hope you get some reading time despite that adorable little guy there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love naps. :-) I'll probably take one in a minute! :-) I hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, my kid is supposed to play by himself while I read? When does this happen??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the rain today! Cooled us down nicely and was the perfect setting for a lazy day. Elle is teething and generally cranky so we hung around the house most of the day and I was actually able to get some quilting done.

    I'm laughing at Stacy's comment. I can so totally relate to her!

    Can't wait to hear what you think of DoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Google reader is CLEAR?? Wow. I'm really, really impressed. Mine has a million unread posts. I'm slowly (very slowly) catching up, though. Hope you had a chance to read this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a rainy week, but it cleared up for the weekend. It's just windy now. We did venture out on the hawt bikes to feed the ducks, and I cleaned the house, so now it's time for some quality computer time. Happy early b-day to the cute little redhead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo!
    I spend practically every Sunday in my jammies - is that a bad thing? :O

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!