Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Salon - The Mother's Day Edition


Happy Mother's Day! It has been a heck of a weekend, so it's nice to sit back and take it all in for a few minutes. I sent Greyson off with Chuck yesterday and settled in to spend EIGHT HOURS working on a project for dear, sweet work. There's a good chance that effort will continue today, but for now it's up in the air, and I'm taking a break.

Mom and I exchanged gifts this morning. She's a complete perfume freak, so I bought a nice Burberry Body set for her. She bestowed upon me a huuuuge bag of Lindor Truffles, a new coffee mug in turquoise and yellow that says "Mom's Sippy Cup" (perfect), and a really cute pair of turquoise and shell earrings. Greyson deemed them all "pretty" and the rest is history. :D

Mother's Day means more to me this year somehow than ever before. To be honored with a day of love and pampering is such a sweet gesture, and I'm having a lot of fun showering good stuff on my mom as well. I whipped up a breakfast casserole this morning and I have a crock pot full of "Angel" Chicken cooking right now -- thanks to the Crockin' Girls cookbook from my previous post.

While I spent a good, solid eight hours working yesterday, I took a break last night to finish up Voyager. And wow. Just WOW!!! So very good. It's really taking everything I have not to jump straight into Drums of Autumn. I'll probably break long enough to read a couple of other books and then get back to the series. A review of Voyager is coming later this week.

So now I'm faced with the task of choosing a new book! Something I haven't really thought of for almost a month. These are the contenders:



Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson has been on my to-read list forever now. I finally noticed it as I was browsing the library's Overdrive selection and went ahead and downloaded it.

The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman was a gift from Stacy over at Stacy's Books back during the Book Blogger Holiday Swap. I've read a couple of the stories already, but I'm getting in the mood to jump back in.

Corsets & Clockwork: 14 Steampunk Romances edited by Trisha Telep. I've been threatening to jump into steampunk for a while now. When I saw this book reviewed over at Girlxoxo.com I knew I had to give it a go. Thanks for the recommendation, Tanya Patrice! This was a Mother's Day gift to myself -- just downloaded it. hehe

After such long, epic reading, short books and short stories are incredibly appealing. We'll see which one of these goodies "sticks." I think I'll go find out right now!

What are you doing this Mother's Day Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik