Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: NOT About Books!?


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


As much as I love lists about books, I'm pretty stoked about this week's topic! Top Ten Blogs/Websites NOT About Books! I do read quite a few blogs outside of the book blogosphere, and I'm a creeper so I like to know what others are reading, too. Fun!


Fashion


The Plus Side of Me written by Rebecca. This is my favorite plus-size fashion blog. Rebecca is a fantabulous blogger, has beautiful clothes, and often participates in Five Take where five bloggers take on a trend in fashion, showcasing how they put their own spin on it. Did I mention that Rebecca's dog, Lola, and my Daisy could be twins? Freaky!


Lilly's Style is another favorite fashion blog. She tackles a lot of current and hard-to-pull-off trends like those pesky bright-colored pants. Gorgeous combinations of color and texture here. Go, Lilly!


The Chloe Conspiracy is yet another tantalizing fashion blog. I particularly love the diversity of this one. Chloe highlights upcoming sales as well as her own fashion posts. She's very Audrey Hepburn in the way she wears classic pieces, but they're often in funky colors and mixed with interesting combinations of patterns. I get lots of daring ideas here, even if I'm not always daring enough to carry them off. 


Photography and Design


I recently stumbled upon Andrea's (great name!) blog, Hula Seventy. Andrea describes herself as a photographer, writer, teacher, dancer. A Jacqueline of all trades (my words). I love this blog for its quirkiness and distinctive style. Go, Andrea!


Creature Comforts by Ez celebrates the little things in life. I love it for color and design inspiration. Again, it's one of those blogs that has a permeating presence. I feel like browsing there gives me a great idea of WHO Ez is. Good stuff!


Sunny Vanilla is written by Jen, a stay at home mom who loves photography, design, interior decorating, crafting, cooking, writing, and now sewing. Awesome blog. Just go read and bask in it. 


Food


Rachel Rappaport's Coconut and Lime is a great food blog that I enjoy for its international flavors and interesting recipes. Rachel is also the author of the Everything Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook, which I need to add to my collection.


Skinny Taste is written by Gina Homolka, and I love this foodie blog because it doesn't skimp on the awesome. Healthy does not have to be boring. 


Pink Parsley is written by Josie, who has A DEGREE IN CHEMISTRY! I'm sorry, I sit in awe. I was barely able to crawl through my chemistry class my junior year of high school. But Josie loves the chemistry and logic behind a recipe, and she cooks seasonally. 


The Curvy Carrot is a really unique food blog. The subtitle says it all: "Healthy and Indulgent Meals Dangling in Front of You." From the About page: 
My philosophy on food: I don’t eat meat.  I eat eggs, I drink milk, and I inhale cheese.  I eat seafood every once in a while.  I’m not a vegan, although I do try to post recipes that are vegan-friendly.  
This blog is beautifully photographed (like all of these, actually) and I love the unique recipes that I would never think of in one gazillion years.  




And there you have it! Blowing the blog horn for blogs about cool stuff other than books. Because there really is other cool stuff out there. I know, I didn't catch on for a while either.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

 
Images by Freepik