Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Excellent book! Read it! Now!

I'm out.











OK, not really. I could leave it at that, but what fun is that? I have to browbeat all of you into buying and reading it yourselves. And staying up too late. And being draggy at work the next day.

I loved this installment, the third in Gabaldon's Outlander series. While I loved Dragonfly in Amber, too, this one probably came closer to my adoration for the very first novel.

Voyager takes my favorite couple to the Caribbean, mon! There's lots of time on a ship, some time spent running crazily around the islands amidst the slave trade and other madness. An outbreak of an unsavory illness. You get the picture. I was also happy to see one of my fave peripheral characters make a raging comeback in this installment. You just never know who's going to pop up.

It's seriously taking all I have not to throw myself into Drums of Autumn, as mentioned in my previous post. While I would love to, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I'll wait a week or two before I start the next book.

Which  book(s) are you in love with right now?


P.S. I read all 1,027 Nook pages in six days. Would've been five, but I had to work late!

13 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed this book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT. Go on, you won't be able to read anything until you do.

    I *almost* started reading Outlander again (for the nth time) yesterday, but went with Peter & Max by Bill Willingham (read by Wil Wheaton!) instead. Aaron is listening to it, and I love it when we're reading the same thing. He'll actually debate things with me, which is just wicked awesome. I will relisten soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I've only ever read the first book in the series, and am planning to do a re-read, in audio. Should really get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that's it. I think I just have to throw caution to the wind and try to get back into this series. I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with me! I'm clearly missing out on this and am going to have to check it out again and give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one too, and when I think on some of my favorite moments of the series, a lot of them are found in this book. Such a captivating premise, and a strange tale. But not too strange to be believable, I think. I want to MAKE people read these books, but alas, I do not have that kind of power :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't started this series. Some day. Some fine day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great page turner. I have the first in the serious on my shelves at home but have let the fact that it is a chunkster keep me from reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ditto what Trisha said ;)
    I feel like I'm missing out too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I have to browbeat all of you into buying and reading it yourselves. And staying up too late. And being draggy at work the next day."

    Add a notch to your bedpost, Andi, 'cause you totally accomplished that mission! I'm impressed that you haven't caved in yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your love for this series is so infectious. I must finish Game of Thrones first - if I can ever find the time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to start this series... one day. It is on my "read in case of an emergency" radar. You know, when everything you pick up isn't sticking you have that one book (or books) that you know you will love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book has some of my favourite scenes! the print shop is one of them - laughing and crying all at the same time!

    I reread Outlander last year but you are making me think about maybe rereading the next book too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had trouble with Voyager, mainly because it felt like two books to me -- the first half amazing and the second half, not so much. The whole Caribbean storyline felt weak compared to the other books. BUT I loved Drums of Autumn. Glad you're loving these books so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!