Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Mishmashy Malarkey Muddlement

How's that for a title!

Geez, I'm glad to have gotten through the last week. Starting anew is a good thing! A few updates of the readerly (and personal) sort.

Greyson is doing GREAT after his surgery Friday. He was one unhappy camper in the recovery room until he got a Popsicle in one hand and apple juice in the other. The doc reported that his adenoids were so swollen as to cut off 75% of his breathing room at the back of his nose. Also, the doc thinks his ear infections have never completely cleared up between rounds of infection, and he had an active infection in his right ear (the PROBLEM ear) at the time of surgery. Poor baby. No wonder he's already feeling better. By Friday afternoon he was up and around as if he'd never had surgery.

See, he's even reading...

I missed the shot of him actually holding the book up in front of him as if he were actually reading. Oh, and I found him on my bed "reading" Jane Eyre a while before this. He's been lugging this poor book around all weekend. I think it's a sign of brilliance, personally. I'm sure most bookworms would agree.

A few other bullets related to my previous post:

  • Stupid Internet issues seem to have calmed
  • TV is working! We've been watching "The Cat in the Hat" on Roku
  • Got my money back from the a-holes who drafted it
  • Greyson is still sleeping in the office. Happily, I can report!
And I can't say I've been reading a whole lot. I've been glancing back through Outlander when I have an urge because I can't say the urge to full-on read anything new-to-me has been terribly strong. I still love The Secret Garden, I just needed to let my brain chill this weekend. And I need to whip through the rest of I'm Not This Girl by, oh, Wednesday. Arrgh!

In the meantime, I'm much more active on Twitter and Facebook than I am here (see the Connectables buttons to your right). I've been sharing news and funnies on Facebook and random crap on Twitter. Want a Facebook sample?


Ohhh, gonna have this stuck in my head all day long. Damn Facebook. 

29 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Greyson is feeling better! Poor baby, indeed. And Jane Eyre?! Color me impressed, Andi! That's going to be one sophisticated, emotionally well-developed young man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! Greyson is off and running, for sure! We're definitely shooting for "emotionally well-developed." LOL

      Delete
  2. Glad Greyson is feeling better, sounds like he was suffering for a while.

    I'm reading slow too. Three and a half weeks til the end of term and believe me, I'm counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Not too bad, but he was certainly UNHAPPY with the feeling of coming out of anesthesia. Can't say I blame him -- I hate it too. And I'm glad his ears will bother him less overall (I hope!).

      Count those days!

      Delete
  3. Oh, so glad he's doing better!! I love that picture!! :) No doubt a genius...who would even question the obvious? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks, Patti! My heart broke a bit when he tore the cover on Monday, though. Oy! We may have to have a talk about book abuse.

      Delete
  4. Starting with the classics already? You do have a genius on your hands. Glad to hear he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! Hopefully he'll be on to some of the Modernists next. :)

      Delete
  5. Well, of course he's a genius. He's your son, after all, Andiloo. So glad things went well.

    I love it that you used "Monday" and "Malarkey" in your subject line. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, Nancyroo!

      And I did think of you when I titled this post. It's a mixture of you and Heather.

      Delete
  6. Glad Greyson is feeling much better!! And he certainly has great taste in books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Greyson! It sounds like the surgery was just what he needed! I think his affinity for Jane Eyre speaks of genius too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Kathy! He has a follow up with his ENT doc today so we'll see how things are progressing. Amen re: genius. lol

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear that Greyson is doing better already! That is exciting for you I'm sure :) I'm also glad to hear that you guys are all settling in...hope that this week goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha! This week was another overwhelming week, but things are settling down bit by bit. :)

      Delete
  9. Awww, I'm glad he's starting to feel better.

    And I'm glad things are getting better with the internetz and all that. I always feel like the world is coming to end if there is no internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! The Internet is now usable and trustworthy. Took long enough!

      Delete
  10. Greyson is so grown up!!! He reminds me very much of my own dear boy at that age. Such lovely times together. It still thrills my heart when he stays home on the couch with me; like tonight!

    Glad to see you're almost all the way moved in, and glad to hear books have found their way (at least one) to your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellezza, they're so sweet aren't they? And the time flies. One of these days he'll be grown and I'll wonder what happened to it all. :)

      Delete
  11. I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. He looks absolutely pooped in that picture (wishing that I could catch Elle that still...just once). Hope this week goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish! All good. He's totally back to well and beyond active! I'm just glad he's feeling better.

      Delete
  12. Glad to hear Greyson is doing better! As someone who had ear infections constantly as a child I can feel for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better, Kelly! :D So glad!

      Delete
  13. So happy to hear that Grayson is doing well after his surgery. I'm glad you are settling in to your new home and look forward to all of the positive things that will be happening from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, with you as his mom, how could he NOT be a genius with exemplary taste in literature.

    (Although it's a good thing he wasn't toting around 50 Shades of Grey.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that he's been lugging around Jane Eyre :) So glad the surgery went well. Is he still doing okay?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. "No reply" bloggers will automatically receive a response here. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!