Thursday, July 19, 2012

Requesting Recommendations: Midwifery!

Last week I requested recommendations for books on polygamy, and I had such fun seeing and collecting all your recommendations that I decided to ask for more!!!

Many years ago I read The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I remember being very taken with the bits that had to do with birth and midwifery from this time period. More recently, I read Joanna Kavenna's wonderful, The Birth of Love, which dealt not only with modern day home birth, but also with historical birthing practices and early attempts to control the spread of disease.

I suppose recs don't have to be limited to midwifery, but historical birthing practices (and maybe modern too!) should play a part.

Can you help me out? My Goodreads wishlist NEEDS you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik