Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Blargg and YAY! Estella Society and More!

Wow. This week. Blarrrg.

We're coming up on an extremely busy time of year at work, and this being my first year with the company, it has been super stressful. Things are falling into a groove, though, so hopefully more pleasant days are on the horizon. That's why I've been out of pocket for a few when I really wanted to be here bloggin'!

It looks like the North and South Read-Along is off to a rousing start! Seems like a Twitter conversation breaks out about it every night between 7 and 8:30 Central time. If you want to jump in, feel free to find us at the official read-along hashtag: #NSread. Check in with your questions, comments, or progress. Or you can stop in and heckle us. That works, too.

In other news, I'm reading my second selection for the Estella Society "Genre Cage Match." This one is Secondhand Bride by Linda Lael Miller. I won't give too much away, because you'll really want to see these buggers go head-to-head, but it's my first time reading Miller and at my buddy Shannon's recommendation. I'll let ya know how it all shakes out.

On that note, Heather and I have decided to shoot for an August 15th launch of The Estella Society!!! We have about half of the content we need, so if you have ideas you've been pondering, get to writing! Send your reviews of "under the radar" or backlist books, ideas for readalongs and readathons, one-time bookish musings, "book snob" pieces, pics or readerly artwork. We're pretty open to anything you want to share! This is a readerly playground so it should be fun, informative, and freeing to share your thoughts.

We're also plotting some launch giveaways and stuff like that. *nudge nudge*

That's about all that's going on in my world. It seems like I have a growing list of "to be read NOW" books. Partially because of my new book club and in part because there's just a lot of good books circling right now. I'll be back with more about those tomorrow.

What's on your wishlist at the moment?

11 comments:

  1. I'm sending positive thoughts your way today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! Things are ironing out. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things on the horizon. I'm looking forward to seeing what Estella Society will become!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen! It's shaping up nicely. Very excited about it.

      Delete
  3. I'll post about Estella Society on my Sunday post. Looking forward to the launch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything settles down at work soon! I'm excited about the launch of Estella Society. If I think of anything brilliant to contribute, I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! It's all ironing out, just takes some time. And, of course, I'm one of the most impatient people in the world. Ever. lol

      Looking forward to a brilliant contribution! :D

      Delete
  5. This reminds me that I have a few pieces for the Estella society that I need to give to you! I am rather excited that things are going to be moving along so quickly, and that there is going to be a new place to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! Looking forward to anything you submit. :D

      Delete
  6. I'm going to join the North and South readalong because I read a chunk of the book a few years ago but gave up on it. This is a great opportunity to finish it. The Estella Society sounds exciting. I posted about it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!