Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday in a Flash!

My heavens! Where did this week go? Seriously, y'all, I woke up and it's Friday already. So, what's shaking you ask?

  • Estella Society is in full swing with goodies lined up through September.
  • North and South Read-a-long (#nsread) is in full swing with two installments left!
  • Work is in full swing with prep for an upcoming conference at the beginning of September
  • I took some time out to socialize last night! It was Rocketgirl's 16th BIRTHDAY so we enjoyed a b-day dinner AND I met up with friends from Old Job for Happy Hour.
What else is in full swing? Online classes start Monday, and I'M TEACHING FOUR (and pray for my soul), and they are NOT set up yet. Ahem! *badme* *mustgetafterit*

Oh, and there's this...

Oprah talked me into it. I swear! I was minding my own business, looking through some O 2.0 recs, and this little bitty goody jumped into my Nook. This is a collection of "columns" from The Rumpus wherein Cheryl Strayed wrote under the name Sugar and gave honest advice. Beautiful, thoughtful, painful, heart-bursting, personal, TMI types of advice. And it is STUNNING. I love it already and it seriously needs to be stashed away so I can finish North and South. Need catharsis! Look right here!

What are you up to? 


14 comments:

  1. Maybe I need to read Tiny Beautiful Things. I thought about you today when I bought a Lindeman's Pomme lambic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly busy!
    I am the complete opposite at the moment, have two weeks left of the summer holiday and trying not to think about all the prep I have to do in setting up my classroom and you know, planning some lessons. That can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOUR?!?! Like you don't have enough to do already? Crazy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at FOUR classes. You fool, and I mean that in the nicest of ways. =)
    I love how that book just jumped into your nook. I must remember that phrase when my hubby keeps seeing the Amazon Kindle purchases on the bank statement.. he bought me the iPad, and he keeps saying he wants me to USE it.. so I need a book to read on it.. right?! (No need to tell him I've accumulated about 240 eBooks, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh yes. This is what I should spend my B and N gift card on. A double dose of Cheryl Strayed sounds excellent (Wild and tiny beautiful things).
    Good luck with all of those classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read some of the Dear Sugar columns and her writing is just beautiful. May have to add that one to my TBR list... Good luck with getting ready for classes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your classes aren't set up yet?! Wow. Tiny Beautiful Things is on my tbr list. Strayed's writing is so beautiful.

    I have another week until school starts so I'm trying to read and write as much as I possibly can! Good luck with your classes on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :) I am sort of new on your blog and love it, I like free spirits, anyway. " TINY BEAUTIFUL THINGS. " found it's way unto my Kindle when I noticed the authors name. So far I read a few of her advices and am happy with my purchase :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Estella Society! And socializing! And books!

    What am I up to? Well, I'm enjoying my little vacation (off until August 27 - yippee!) and I chopped 12" of hair off today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, there is a lot going on over there, isn't there! I will be looking forward to a review of Tiny Beautiful Things when it comes across! Take care over there, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like things have been busy! I hope the online classes go well amongst everything else going on in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know Oprah?!

    Be careful, you can burn out from too much work even it it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got the new job and you're still teaching four classes? You're going to be a very busy woman - to say nothing of chasing a 2-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm going to have to get myself a copy of Tiny Beautiful Things. I loved Wild and enjoyed Torch, so I have a feeling this will be a winner, too. Glad to know you loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!