Monday, September 10, 2012

I'M BACK! In Time for BBAW!

Holy CRAP, PEOPLE. That was a week if I ever had one. Just to recap, I've worked every weekend for over a month, work throws a huge yearly conference for the real estate industry, worked my arse off, blah blah blah. Can I smash the word "work" in there anymore??? It was a lot of WORK. There.

Long story short:
Wednesday - arrived at conference before sane people should be awake. On feet over 12 hours. Listened to James Carville and Mary Matalin speak and then saw George and Laura Bush speak.
Thursday: 14 hours on feet
Friday: 12 hours on feet including a closing keynote from Bill Clinton
Saturday: Clean up day

Needless to say, I am SO GLAD to be home. I had to stay at the conference hotel the whole time because I live an hour away. This means I didn't see Greyson for FAR TOO LONG. Copious baby hugs have been had. And I'm off work today! Woot!

Upside, I got to stay here...


Since I've been so busy the last month or so, I'm RIDICULOUSLY, SHOUTY CAPITALS excited to be back to blogging. I've missed you all muchly. And I've missed having brain enough to read! All seems to be on the mend on that front, too. 



So today is the first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and we're having a big ole appreciation-athon. Who am I to resist something fun like this? Let's face it, I blog because I appreciate all of you who blog, too. This community is what keeps me writing and you all have been SO good to me. True friends indeed. I can't highlight you all, but know that I'm giving you ALL a big ole virtual hug. 

Trish from Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity is the first blogger I've ever met in person!!! She is super fun, very sweet, and I love following all her bloggy adventures from the books she's reading, to her life as a mother, and her Pinterest extravaganzas. 

Vasilly from 1330V. You amaze me with all you do. A caring mother, a student, a voracious reader and always thoughtful and just awesome! *high five*

Lisa from Books, Lists, Life has become one of my closest bloggy friends in the last year. We text, we e-mail, we talk about ALL THE THINGS. She's one of the most upfront, honest, easy-to-talk-to ladies around. 

Jill from Fizzy Thoughts. I could sop this one up with a biscuit. She's hilarious, her reading tastes are hella fine, and she's a born songwriter. IT-along forever!

Christina from Reading Thru the Night came to my attention on Twitter with all her mad geniusness, and I'm like HOW THE HECKFIRE did we not know each other better already??? She did the North and South readalong with us, and she's now co-hosting the IT-along with Jill.  She also goes by Princess Clown Nose. 

Brooke of The Blog of Litwits is just too dang insightful. Love her reviews, love her Tweets, just love her!

And last but fo' sho not least is my blogging and reading soulmate. The grandmaster of cool. The supremely supportive. Cohostess with the mostest. One of my best friends for over 10 years. Heather, Capricious Reader, I love you muchly.


Thanks to #BBAW for bringing us back and reminding us to focus on each other!!! That's what it's all about. 



36 comments:

  1. It sounds like you earned having today off!
    Great list of bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I like to think so. It's been a super busy time and I'm glad things are getting back to normal.

      Delete
  2. You have most definitely earned a little break! And super huge hugs for the appreciation! If I hadn't gotten lazy and bailed on joining BBAW, you'd definitely have made my list as well. So many wonderful bloggers you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooke! It was a great break -- if only I'd rested! Busybody is me. hehe

      Hugs to you!

      Delete
  3. ALL THE THINGS! I'd totally meet you in person too, if not for those pesky states in between us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen girl. We'll overcome those pesky states one of these days!

      Delete
  4. Gurrrl, I love that hotel you were staying at. Crazy gorgeous.

    And I know...I can't believe it took us this long to "meet". *squeezes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that awesome???? It was super impressive, but I was cursing when I had to walk repeatedly from one end to the other after 12 hours on the feet. Woe is me!

      Squeezes!

      Delete
  5. beautiful hotel, you need to spend some time there just on a vacation doing nothing and chillaxing!

    even more wonderful blogs for me to add to my reader! I love BBAW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!!! I will definitely go back. It was super fantastic.

      Enjoy exploring for BBAW!

      Delete
  6. That's a ton of work! I hope you get the next few days off to recuperate. That hotel looks so amazing. Too bad you weren't there for vacation. I hope you're enjoying your day off and thanks for including me in your list. I think you're awesome too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vasilly, it was ridiculous busy, but a good experience overall. Definitely a sense of accomplishment having wrapped it all up successfully. Enjoyed my day off with some READING! Yay!

      Delete
  7. Sounds to me like you deserve a week off, woman, not just a day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi, can I get you to start a petition saying that? LOL

      Delete
  8. Great list of bloggers!

    And wow, what a nice place you got to stay in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, it was hands-down the nicest place I've ever stayed. I just wish I'd gotten to enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. *sniff* *sniff*

    I love you too, man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list, and wow for a busy week. (But sigh for a gorgeous hotel!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, I just wish I'd gotten to enjoy it a TOUCH more. Maybe one day I'll stay there recreationally. lol

      Delete
  11. Yay giant love fest! I love this day so much. :) Thanks for the mention Andi and I'm so glad we've finally met--both on and offline. You amaze me with all you do and so glad you're back from the conference. Hope you can breathe a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trish!!!! Am so happy to have met you on and offline, too! Speaking of being amazed, you're pretty amazing with all you do, too! Enjoying taking a breath now that the conference is wrapped up.

      Delete
  12. LOL I had no idea other people use the word "muchly". Very cool list of people worth appreciating! And, goodness, what a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancyroo, I am a HUGE proponent of "muchly." LOL

      Delete
  13. *hug* I hope that you get all the breaks. You are wonderful and I'm always thrilled to see posts from you pop up in my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, thank you so much for your kind words. Hopefully I'll be back to more normal blogging and reading now that this work hurdle is done!

      Delete
  14. Well, you know what I have to say: fuck work, motherfucker!

    This is a most awesome list of bloggers! I am grateful that I know them all already and don't have to add any more new peeps to the google reader. My google reader is a little worried about impact this appreciation shit is gonna have on it. I'm all "Oooh, pretty new blogs" and it's all "Nooooooooo!"

    And I don't think I've ever been sopped up with a biscuit before. I'm hoping this is a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I'm still so glad you gave me the "motherfucker" verse!

      And it's my pleasure to save your Google reader. I feel sure mine will groan under the weight of new discoveries by the time the week is up.

      Sopping is definitely a good thing. The highest southern compliment, I'd say!

      Delete
  15. Wow, and I've not heard of any of these! BBAW makes me realise quite how big the blogosphere has become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be off with you to explore!!!! lol It really has become quite the overwhelmingly large community. Looove it!

      Delete
  16. Great post and so many awesome bloggers although you incorrectly identified Jill by not calling her FIZZY Jill, because now she will use this as further evidence that SHE is "Jill" and *I* am merely OTHER Jill! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful hotel! Glad you survived your crazy busy week -- those are some headline speakers you got there.

    Great list! I love the ones that have blogs I already like -- so I know we're on the same wavelength -- plus some new ones to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back! Holy cow, that schedule would definitely be enough to reduce me to a pile of mush. I'm sure you're so pumped it's over, you're home and back to your beloved books!

    Lots of fab bloggers up there -- our book blogging crew is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back! Glad that you have shared something that is so interesting. Impressive activities you got there. I am jealous. Anyway, keep us more updated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!