Monday, September 03, 2012

RIP VII - Whahahahahhhhhh!



Once again, it's time for the annual RIP event, and the illustrious Carl has taken us on a grand, whirlwind journey through six of these bad boys, to make this number seven! Holy grey hair, Batman!

This year, I shall be embarking upon Peril the First and reading four books from the creepalicious RIP genres. I'm also intimately involved in Peril of the Group Read because, well, Heather and I are hosting that readalong I've mentioned 800 times already.  Here's what I have on my Nook which means these are the most likely to be chosen:
  • IT by Stephen King for the #ITalong hosted by Jill and Princess Clown Nose
  • The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters for the #TLSread (RIP Readalong over at Estella Society)
  • The Small Hand by Susan Hill
  • The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan (need to finish)
  • Affinity by Sarah Waters (need to start over)
  • The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber
  • The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne (need to read after ALL THE YEARS)
  • Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey (looked cheesy but available from my library)
And I have a bunch more work to do, so I'm gonna run! Conference time is upon us this week and it's gettin' CRAZY up in here! Read and prosper, people. Read and prosper. 

14 comments:

  1. I read House of Seven Gables last year and really liked it...no slashing and killing, just creepy old house and questionable characters. Sometimes it's nice to leave the details to your imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read The Last Werewolf for ages, are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list! I really disliked the Miss Percy Parker book, cutious to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty and the Werewolf looks fun! I haven't seen that at my library yet. I want to read The Last Werewolf, and can't find The Small Hand anywhere. Thinking about joining the Readalong for The Little Stranger.....fun set of books, enjoy the challenge, Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that your wonderful Society is reading The Little Stranger in conjunction with Carl's RIP VII. I read it last year for the RIP VI and loved it so much that I convinced one of my book clubs to read it this October. So, sadly, I won't be joining you on the read along other than to pop in and comment, as I'll be reading it a month later. Somehow, my timing often is off... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Liked The House of Seven Gables, too. Don't worry, it's short!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I love the RIP challenge. Must go get myself signed up, post haste! And I highly recommend "The House of Seven Gables" - I loved it and it gave me goosebumps. Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love this time of year. I love reading these types of books all year round and it's Carl's RIP event that, selfishly, makes it even more fun for me since everyone's reading the books I like! Three cheers for selfishness! Sarah Waters is on my list, can't wait to dive in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so so so want to read Little Stranger with you guys but I just don't think I can do it. But I'll be doing IT!!! Actually ready to take a break so I can quickly devour Gone Girl and then start Red Dragon.

    Hope you can do some RELAXING this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the reasons I need to follow you into the ARC-free zone. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, you're ambitious! I'm going to try to get The Little Stranger read but I'm also needing to get thru Broken Harbor for a review and my book club read so I may not get to it until the end of the month. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, just to let you know I've nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award! If you check out this post it says all you have to do to acheive it :)

    http://thehouseofliterarymirrors.blogspot.co.uk/#!/2012/09/to-kick-off-with-this-award-is-sorta.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I respond to comments individually by e-mail and/or here on the site. I value community above all else in blogging, and talking with you all is the highlight of my blogging day!