Monday, October 29, 2012

It's Monday! I'm Reading Lots!

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila from BookJourney
Happy Monday, everyone! At this very moment I'm sitting in Starbucks, drinking a grande Blonde roast with hazelnut and vanilla. While I should be grading the latest round of essays to come in from my online classes, I'm writing to y'all instead. It's a good thing! I'm tickled to still have my reading mojo, and some library trips as of late have bolstered my stacks.

Currently Reading:

I'm determined to get a little further with my RIPVII reading goals before Wednesday, so I picked up Anna Dressed in Blood, by Kendare Blake, from the library yesterday. I've been seeing this one pop up EVERYWHERE with all the Halloween reading lists and all. While I'd never paid this one any particular amount of attention, it looked really good this time around and seemed like something that would suck me in and be a quick read. So far, so good! I started reading yesterday with limited time on my hands, and I've already wiped out roughly 50 pages. I am finding it supremely creepy, so it might be an afternoon, while-the-sun-is-up type of book. :D

I'm also getting ready to dive headlong into The Count of Monte Cristo for the Readalong we're hosting at The Estella Society. Chris was kind enough to post about a free audiobook version from Lit2Go. If you'd like to check it out, follow this direct link. The link to the audio version via iTunesU is over on the right-hand side of the page. 

I'm also still reading Affinity by Sarah Waters for RIPVII. This is a book I put down many months ago (in the midst of a readalong I was hosting...BAD ME!). As much as I loved The Little Stranger, this one is putting me to sleep! So much dialogue and navel-gazing from these characters. The voice of each narrator is indistinct, but hopefully a writer as masterful as Waters is doing this on purpose, and all will be revealed. Chris says it gets better near the end. I'm about halfway through and hoping to sprint through the rest in coming days. 

Up Next:

Like so many of you, I have a little library problem. I went in to ONLY get Anna Dressed in Blood, and of course one stop by the "new releases" shelf and I came away with Overseas by Beatriz Williams and A.S. Byatt's Ragnarok. Both look like fantastic reads and have been on my wishlist for a long time now. 

So, inquiring (nosy) bookworms want to know...what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik