Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pre Read-a-Thon MADNESS!

Wow, guys! It's quite a different view from this side of the Read-a-Thon! Helping host really provides a new appreciation for all that goes into planning this event.

While I haven't been reading much at all lately, I haven't been THIS excited about the Read-a-Thon in ages!!! Working with our super awesome co-hosts, scheduling and reaching out to the mini-challenge hosts, and seeing the cheerleader numbers build, the prize donations come in, it's just astounding!!!

We have the best volunteers across the board, and Shesten from I Heart Monster has been a fearless leader teaching Heather and I how to pull this thing off.

In the spirit of the Read-a-Thon, I did some snack shopping this morning. I actually cooked a chicken spaghetti so I can nosh on the leftovers for a few days. I also have some Oreos on hand, chips (of course), and miscellaneous goodies I'll reveal later.

My stack is coming along, but I plan to stop by the library tomorrow and add some shorter books to the pile. Here's what I'm working with so far:

  • Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick
  • The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Nights! by Joyce Carol Oates
  • Yonder by Siri Hustvedt
  • Proof by David Auburn (re-read)
  • Naked by David Sedaris
  • Life is So Good by George Dawson
  • Watchmen by Alan Moore
  • Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham (re-read)
I have every intention of adding the following after a library run:
  • The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
  • The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
  • Graphic novels and middle grade/YA fiction!
Variety in length and subject matter is the key!!!!

How is your Read-a-Thon prep going?  Be sure to follow along on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Blogger has been a beast lately, so I hope you do not have any troubles leaving your thoughts.

Images by Freepik